It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Choking, Hurts to Swallow, scared silly

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 AM   #1
    Etta42
    (female)

Etta42 HB User
    Unhappy Choking, Hurts to Swallow, scared silly

Hi everyone, I have been reading some of the posts here, and it's like I wrote most of them. I don't feel as scared as I did, but I also have a very active imagination. The only thing I didn't read here is the feeling I have in the back of my throat, it is kinda like an open sore feeling. I feel it worse when I am belching (which is quite often).I feel like that is the only way I can get a deep breath. I have been taking nexium for about a year, after trying axid, prevacid and others. The nexium was working ok, up until about a week ago, now my throat is raw, it hurts in my chest and throat to swallow and it feels like the food is geting stuck.Which also throws me into a panic attack, and that makes things worse. I am going to the Dr today or tomorrow, but I am so scared of him finding something Bad........

Any Thoughts???

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
    Kellir
    (female)

Kellir HB User
    Re: Choking, Hurts to Swallow, scared silly

Im am sorry youre feeling so bad. My symptoms make me have panic attacks too. It sounds like youre throat is just really raw from acid. Try not to worry about going to the doc[i know, easier said than done]. Im sure youll be just fine=]. [sorry im not really any help]

Old 08-13-2007, 08:57 AM   #3
    Etta42
    (female)

Etta42 HB User

Thanks Kellir, I appreciate your reply. Hopefully it is just from being raw. My mind always jumps straight to the worst possible scenario. I am so bad about that.
    I also wonder if it's related to all the coke I drink? That is all I drink, day and night.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
    Kellir
    (female)

Kellir HB User

I know what you mean. Any ache or pain I get I automatically think the absolute worst and Ill drop dead any second. I hate my brain=P.

Yeah the coke cant be good at all. I would say drop the coke and start drinking water until your throat is better. In the mean time try to relax a bit. Take care.

Closed Thread