It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• What has worked for my LPR...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
    Answers10001
    (female)

Answers10001 HB User
    What has worked for my LPR...

Hello all I am a 19 year old college student...I have had LPR since February, and have been on meds since early June. I know I am not much of an authority, but I have discovered several things that have really helped me and thought I should share. My main symptom is food feeling like it is stuck, burping, burping sensations. I am definetly not 100%...maybe about 60%, but hopefully will be 100% over the next several months!

1. THE NUMBER ONE THING THAT HAS HELPED ME IS CALM DOWN. No, it doesnt make my symptoms go away, but there was a point where I was so crazed about my LPR that it made me sicker. When I calm down, I can enjoy my life more than if I think about if bending over will cause me to reflux.

2. I take DGL licorice tablets (2) half hour-45 minutes before breakfast, dinner, and bed. STICK WITH THIS FOR A MONTH AT LEAST TO SEE IF IT HELPS. it wont work if you take it once a week or something and deem it useless. the licorice improves the overall quality of your stomach and helps promote its healthy functions. It also soothes my throat because it coates it.

3. I take acidophilus. One in the morning with breakfast. This just improves overall digestion. I have noticed a HUGEEEE decrease in bloat using acidophilus.

4. I take chewable papaya enzymes with EVERY MEAL, SNACK, ETC. I take pretty much as many as I want depending on the meal size. If I dont take these, I reflux way more than if I do. When I do take them I only feel food come up once or twice.

I am continuing to do research while sticking to this fairly rigid regime. I have noticed a difference however. If you are suffering, it would not hurt you to try this for several months and see how it works out for you....Good luck and I will keep you updated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
    Texas Tomato
    (female)

Texas Tomato HB User
    Re: What has worked for my LPR...

Thank you so much for sharing this. Too often, people who get well or at least have significant improvement forget to come back here and tell us their success stories! We really need to hear something that will give us hope.

I have the excessive burping too and have found that acidophilus and probiotics help, including eating yogurt. Hope you continue to get better.

Closed Thread