It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Endoscopy, Gerd, and Stomach Cramps

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2007, 04:32 AM   #1
    Nyxie63
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User
    Endoscopy, Gerd, and Stomach Cramps

Had my 2nd endoscopy done on Wednesday of last week. Was dx'd with GERD two years ago, after my first one.

Before the 2nd scope, I'd been having severe stomach cramps on and off for a couple of months. While my dose of PPI had previously been lowered, even raising it didn't help the cramps. The most recent scope didn't show anything. No erosions, no ulcers, no nuthin. Everything's normal. Gastro said I could stay on the lower dose of PPI.

Anyone have any ideas as to the reason for the cramping? I'm being tested for Celiac, but not sure if a food allergy/intolerance would cause something like this. Get the test results in 2 weeks during my follow-up visit with the Gastro. Btw, has anyone else had worse heartburn following a scope?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
    Nyxie63
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Re: Endoscopy, Gerd, and Stomach Cramps

Will just ask the Gastro when I see him next week. Thanks anyway.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
    MAD MAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MAD MAZ HB User

I had a Endoscopy last August that showed inflammation of the duodenum, I was put on Losec.

I have been having pain under my ribs, above my belly button, feeling nausea on and off!!

Anyway I got a little Dog when he was 8 weeks old and I started to feel like I had a chest infection, I keep going to the doctors and they would say your OK so I paid privately he did the skin ***** test and I found out that I am allergic to my dog that is now six months old and is lovely!!

I am also allergic to cats, trees, pollen, grass, he did food on me and here goes peanuts, fish, wheat, eggs, all that he tested me for I was allergic to.

So all my stomach problems are from foods, have you had any food tests??

I didn't get any heartburn after my Endoscopy!!

The peanut one really scares me ...I hope you get to the bottom of your problems..take care...Mandy

Old 09-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
    Nyxie63
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Mandy! Thanks so much for answering.

I haven't had any allergy tests yet. Been having enough trouble just convincing docs to run the proper tests for thyroid, etc. Been doing some reading and found out that only 30% of people who tested positive for celiac through blood testing have any villi degredation, so I pretty much expect a negative test result on the biopsy.

I've been thinking of going on an elimination diet to see what foods might be the culprits. I suspect dairy definitely, and once the trial for that is over, will be eliminating gluten-containing foods.

And it hasn't just been stomach cramping. It's also been abdominal cramping, fluxuating between constipation and diarrhea, and bloating. Something's going on. Had a colonoscopy done at the same time last week and they did find diverticulosis, but no sign of inflammation or infection.

Anyway, thanks again.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:20 AM   #5
    MAD MAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Let me know how you get on with your tests, I have a under-active thyroid!!

good luck..Mandy

Closed Thread