It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• esophageal spasms now?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
    Ol'Line Rebel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
    esophageal spasms now?

Hi again!

Well, yes, I'm pregnant, so we have to take anything that happens to me now with a grain of salt!

Anyway, I noticed TODAY a seeming dead stop to my gag-reflex problems, only to notice much irritation in my throat/esophagus. This culminated in genuine SORENESS gripping mostly my throat (all of it, including rear of my mouth) and in my esophagus, sometimes seeming to go from the throat downward. It's as if I had a huge fresh bruise inside there.

Hasn't yet stopped me from eating, but sometimes it does seem to strike more after a bite of food. Not sure about that because this all hasn't been around long enough.

Does this sound like it could be those dreaded spasms in the esophagus that sometimes our "victims" talk about?

I have been having alot of real heartburn the last month or so - commensurate with pregnancy, I guess. But I have been totally off Nexium since June, and on Nexium I never experienced any of this, including the real heartburn (more of throat burn - which I don't notice much now).

The Following User Says Thank You to Ol'Line Rebel For This Useful Post:
    orangegirl (11-19-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
    stimi3ak
    (female)

stimi3ak HB User
    Re: esophageal spasms now?

My spasms feel more like heart palpitations. I have that bruising feeling as well and it feels like I have a heavy weight on my chest. The nexium is starting to take care of it though. I ate a lot of TUMS while I was pregnant to counteract any acid problems. I also drank lots of chammomile (sp?) tea.

Good luck!

Closed Thread