It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Severe nausea help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
    x20a
    (male)

x20a HB User
    Severe nausea help

hey everyone im so glad i found this site and that im not alone. The story is in july i started getting a little nuasea for a few min here and there but i didnt think to much about it at the time. then in the beginig of august it got out of control, 2 weeks into august i finally went to a GI and had a endoscopy, songoram, blood work, CT scan. anway all they found was "mild inflamtion". after trying a few different PPI i got zegerid which works great for my acid but has only affected my nusea very little. i still feel like i cant go out or enjoy my life becasue everytime i do anything i feel like vomiting. has anyone else had this experience and if so some help would be appreacited. as of now my doc's dont really know what would cause contant nasuea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
    flowergirl2day
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User
    Re: Severe nausea help

Hi X20,

I suffered from constant nausea for months. I'd wake up with it & go to bed with it. It got so bad I could not even grocery shop without having to stop &
    leave the store, or have a cup of coffee at Starbucks with a friend, or be out walking. Sometimes I just had to stop what I was doing & go home to bed.
    I have been on multiple prescription drugs for other health conditions, so have always assumed the drugs were causing it. After my recent diagnosis of a hiatal hernia and an acid reflux, I was put on Nexium. It somehow affected my nausea to such a degree I now feel nauseous maybe a couple of times a day, as opposed to all the time. The Nexium has helped me greatly. I cannot picture the mechanism through which it works, but perhaps the reduced acid production has something to do with improving my nausea. I wish I could explain better.

FG

Old 10-31-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
    momforthecure
    (female)

momforthecure HB User
    Re: Severe nausea help

Quote:
    Originally Posted by x20a View Post
    hey everyone im so glad i found this site and that im not alone. The story is in july i started getting a little nuasea for a few min here and there but i didnt think to much about it at the time. then in the beginig of august it got out of control, 2 weeks into august i finally went to a GI and had a endoscopy, songoram, blood work, CT scan. anway all they found was "mild inflamtion". after trying a few different PPI i got zegerid which works great for my acid but has only affected my nusea very little. i still feel like i cant go out or enjoy my life becasue everytime i do anything i feel like vomiting. has anyone else had this experience and if so some help would be appreacited. as of now my doc's dont really know what would cause contant nasuea
    Hi everyone,
    I'm the mom looking for a cure for my 14 year old daughter. She has been dealing with severe nausea for over two months now. Don't ask about school because she is to ill to attend. We have had so many tests done on her and all have come out negative for any kind of problem. Our Doctor is at the end of all the tests he can perform to help her out. She feels sick all the time including bedtime, during sleep, and upon waking. She is losing her appetite and it's starting to get emotional for her. Could this be Laeky Gut Syndrome???
    momlookingforthecure

Closed Thread