It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Iodine (Iodoral)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
    cappy7
    (male)

cappy7 HB User
    Iodine (Iodoral)

Hello,

Is anybody taking Iodoral or another iodine supplement for GERD? I've been reading a lot about it and it's supposed improve digestion and keep stomach acid levels normal. It also is very effective at killing bacteria/fungus, which is most likely the cause of the symptoms of GERD. I'll be starting the Iodoral tablets soon. If you haven't done any research on Iodine and the human body, you should do so. What you will find out is simply amazing. I never Iodine was so important in the body. Iodine does so much for our overall health, but thought I would mention its ability to help with GERD.

-Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
    serenityls
    (female)

serenityls HB User
    Re: Iodine (Iodoral)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cappy7 View Post
    Hello,

Is anybody taking Iodoral or another iodine supplement for GERD? I've been reading a lot about it and it's supposed improve digestion and keep stomach acid levels normal. It also is very effective at killing bacteria/fungus, which is most likely the cause of the symptoms of GERD. I'll be starting the Iodoral tablets soon. If you haven't done any research on Iodine and the human body, you should do so. What you will find out is simply amazing. I never Iodine was so important in the body. Iodine does so much for our overall health, but thought I would mention its ability to help with GERD.

-Dave
    Hi Dave,

I've read about Iodoral quite some time ago. I also ordered it awhile ago, but have not yet taken it. (forgot about it actually) Most of what I read regarding Iodoral was not about GERD (unless I've forgotten...) The benefit is for the thyroid if I remember correctly. The reason it might help with GERD is because many people with thyroid issues have similar symptoms as those with LPR....? Not sure but this is the way I remember it. Let me know if it helps you though, as I do have a whole bottle of it here.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
    cappy7
    (male)

cappy7 HB User

Yes, the thyroid is dependent on sufficient Iodine levels in the body. However, Iodine is needed by the whole body, not just the thyroid. Many organs depend on it to function properly. I belove the thing with LPR is the clearing of the throat, hoarseness, and excess mucous. These are all symptoms of the thyroid not functioning properly. There are all symptoms I've had or have, plus low body temperature and my feet and hands being cold. Do you have LPR/GERD? I just took my first tablet today. You should consider taking it.

-Dave

Old 10-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
    serenityls
    (female)

serenityls HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cappy7 View Post
    Yes, the thyroid is dependent on sufficient Iodine levels in the body. However, Iodine is needed by the whole body, not just the thyroid. Many organs depend on it to function properly. I belove the thing with LPR is the clearing of the throat, hoarseness, and excess mucous. These are all symptoms of the thyroid not functioning properly. There are all symptoms I've had or have, plus low body temperature and my feet and hands being cold. Do you have LPR/GERD? I just took my first tablet today. You should consider taking it.

-Dave
    Yes, I do have LPR, a fierce never ending bout of it. None of the prescribed medication seems to be getting rid of it. Have had this since May of this year and am taking triple prescription PLUS OTC medication and while I have some relief, I STILL have symptoms. Recently, my sister mentioned I should also consider having my thyroid checked. I've not done this yet.

The Iodoral, I ordered quite some time ago after reading some very impressive information.

If I remember correctly, I decided not to take it for fear of developing thyroid issues.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
    Nyxie63
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

I currently take 5% Lugol's solution, the liquid equivalent of Iodoral. While I'm taking this in order to try to shrink my thyroid nodules and cysts, I've noticed a little bit of improvement regarding reflux. Rather than having to take a PPI 2x every day, I can get away with taking it once every other day and have gone as long as a week without symptoms. Guess I'd call that an improvement?

Closed Thread