It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• How to treat your Acid Reflux

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
    Riquelmy26
    (male)

Riquelmy26 HB User
    How to treat your Acid Reflux

Although results vary, I have found out that I can control my nasty acid reflux by taking Liquorice root + Apple Cider Vinegar. THe root pills you find them in any health food store. It really helps calm your stomach, which in turn, controls the acid production in the stomach.
    I wish I had known about that before I had the surgery to control the acid reflux. Now it is too late, since my acid reflux came back a couple years later.
    Now, I have little problems with acid reflux thanks to those things I mentioned.

I, like you, tried every OTC medicine and nothing. Now, I only spend $12 a month and that is it. I do feel better.
    I wish you luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User
    Re: How to treat your Acid Reflux

You drink the cider vinegar? How much ?

Old 11-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
    Riquelmy26
    (male)

Riquelmy26 HB User

You take 2 table spoons or 3 if needed.
    But I would suggest that you try, DLG (licorice root) I think I misspelled it. ANyway, it will help you a lot. Give it a try. It does work.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
    samsamboy
    (female)

samsamboy HB User

I also take the DGL and apple cider vinegar and they DO work. I do two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, a bit of honey and a quarter teaspoon of baking soda three times a day. The DGL I take two tablets, twice a day. I was so glad to read your post.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
    stardust11
    (female)

stardust11 HB User

I wanted to try DGL too. But my main problem is too much mucus. I read that DGL stimulates mucus production. I don't need any more. Heh. Is this just for GERD or can it also be used for laryngopharyngeal reflux? Thanks!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #6
    gba88
    (male)

gba88 HB User

Where are you guys finding the licorice tablets? Are they available at any major stores, or just online somewhere? I've tried apple cider vinegar when my symptoms first started, but I was only taking a tablespoon mixed with water. It didn't seem to help much though I'd really like to try the licorice tablets if I could find a source. Thanks for any info!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #7
    res19mbx
    (female)

res19mbx HB User

how long does it take for dgl to work? i started all day today and i feel i am now losing my voice, thanks for your help

Closed Thread