It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Foods to avoid

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User
    Foods to avoid

Can everyone give more details on what foods they avoid to stop their reflux? I have been in so much pain lately, both burning in my stomach and espoh. spasms. So far following is what I know hurts me: tomatoes, onions, wine, coffee, chocolate, and I THINK low fat yogurt ( I would think milk products would sooth, but I started having chest pains shortly after I had a yogurt yesterday)

Thanks for your feedback

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
    CharBerry
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
    Re: Foods to avoid

I'd like to help you but my problem is something will bother one time and then not another. I usually have problems with most of the things you mentioned already but Coke doesn't bother me. I know the foods that I have most trouble with is fried foods, any kind of cakes, donuts, pie, puddings, chocolate, oat meal, sausage, orange juice, Star Bucks, pizza, french fries, creamy soups, creamy anything really. Bananas and a lot of other fruits give me reflux so even some of the things that's supposed to be good for you! No beer, wine, or the hard stuff. I can eat most vegetables and do best eating that. I don't eat much meat because it seems to get stuck. Of course, no fast food places and anything with onions will do me in. Mayo or mustard and ketchup bother me (but I still eat some) No lunch meats. The best thing would be for you to go and google a GERD Diet. There's lots of things on there. My Dr. say's to learn what my triggers are and limit those foods but I like I said, I never know how bad it will be. Very frustrating. Also, dairy is not good for you. I drink soy milk with cereal and have an ice cream sometimes but malts and things like that cause so much mucus and I have enough of that. Lettuce is hard to digest and will come right back up sometimes but I eat salad when I can. I can get by eating Mexican food when I'm doing good. Of course, when I have a bad flare, I go to crackers and water. LOL. Last week was awful. Couldn't raise my head for being so sick. Much better this week. That's another thing I hate. Never knowing how I'm going to feel when I wake up.

Good Luck and do a search for GERD DIET.

Charla

Closed Thread