It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Gerd....Lots of Questions

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
wee-haggis
(male)

wee-haggis HB User
Gerd....Lots of Questions

I was diagnosed with Gerd about 2 years ago. I believe it is of the LPR variety.

My symptoms are :
Chest pain(especially when I bend over or sit upright on a chair ...like the train for example).A few weeks ago it was a week of coughing (especially at night where I could'nt sleep).The coughing subsided to just the odd episode (which would be brought on by exerting myself and this would lead to shortness of breath with a mucus build up in my throat then within minutes disappear when I'm rested),No overnight problems but when waking up slight chest discomfort and back pain which usually subsides through the morning ,slight tickle in the throat (which is not too bad now that the coughing has subsided).
I haven't been able to pin point any particular food group that makes this worse although I try to watch what I eat.
Here are my questions and request for opinions.

1)I was on a PPI but stopped it shortly after starting after reading about the horrendous list of possible side effects and long term use effects.What is your opinion on the Natural remedies? I am on (or in the process of trying)DGL,ACV,Digestive Enzyme,Slippery Elm Lozenges and Orange Peel Extract.

2)Does GERD tend to get worse over a period of time or does it come and go?(for me it seems to come and go but lately the longevity of each episode has increased)

3)I'm not sure if its my imagination or not,but it seems to me that if I'm stressed out or feeling some anxiety the GERD symptoms get worse.Is this common?

Opinions and symptom comparrisons welcome.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2007, 11:44 PM   #2
k2626
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Re: Gerd....Lots of Questions

I have been drinking 4 oz of aloe vera juice before bedtime which has been helping with my espho. spams.

Acid can definately act up if you are stressed.....

Old 12-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
eltwins
(female)

eltwins HB User
Re: Gerd....Lots of Questions

Mine is DEFINATLEY made worse by stress. Then I get even more stressed becuase I don't like the pain and it scares me and then I am in a vicious circle, that is hard to get out of.

Closed Thread