It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• My solution to GERD

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
    blackfive
    (female)

blackfive HB User
    My solution to GERD

Hi All,

I owe it to the community to share my "solution", as I learned much by reading your comments.

I have been suffering from what my doctor is calling GERD for two years. I had chest pains, palpitations, wooziness, and had an awful feeling, but the traditional "heartburn" feeling was not present (too many Tums early in life?). Worst times were 10am and 4am, like clockwork. At night, palpitations were keeping me from sleeping. Foods such as raw onions, stewed tomatoes, dairy, and leafy spices would make things worse the next day.

Three heart tests: normal. Upper and lower endoscopy: normal.

Prilosec solved maybe 90% of the problem, but I still had minor chest discomfort at times, and palpitations and irregular heart rhythm at times. It took several months to get used to the sour stomach I attributed to Priolosec. I still had to be very careful with diet. I eat a very light bland dinner, and kept dinner at least 3 hours before bedtime.

I started taking Traditional Medicine's "Eaters Digest" tea after meals at recommendation of relative. I noticed an definite improvement. About two weeks later, I started taking a teaspoon of honey (Sue Bee clover honey) just before bedtime. (To avoid tooth issues, I gargled and brushed afterwards.) What a difference! Within one week, I was sleeping through the night. Palpitations and irregular heart rhythm - gone. I had some meals with cooked tomatos and raw onions - no problems! I can plan my days without having to worry about my trouble times.

I am still on Prilosec, tea and honey - I am afraid to upset the apple cart - but I wanted to share my story in the hope that it might help someone else.

Best wishes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
    aleet7
    (female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: My solution to GERD

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackfive View Post
    Hi All,

I owe it to the community to share my "solution", as I learned much by reading your comments.

I have been suffering from what my doctor is calling GERD for two years. I had chest pains, palpitations, wooziness, and had an awful feeling, but the traditional "heartburn" feeling was not present (too many Tums early in life?). Worst times were 10am and 4am, like clockwork. At night, palpitations were keeping me from sleeping. Foods such as raw onions, stewed tomatoes, dairy, and leafy spices would make things worse the next day.

Three heart tests: normal. Upper and lower endoscopy: normal.

Prilosec solved maybe 90% of the problem, but I still had minor chest discomfort at times, and palpitations and irregular heart rhythm at times. It took several months to get used to the sour stomach I attributed to Priolosec. I still had to be very careful with diet. I eat a very light bland dinner, and kept dinner at least 3 hours before bedtime.

I started taking Traditional Medicine's "Eaters Digest" tea after meals at recommendation of relative. I noticed an definite improvement. About two weeks later, I started taking a teaspoon of honey (Sue Bee clover honey) just before bedtime. (To avoid tooth issues, I gargled and brushed afterwards.) What a difference! Within one week, I was sleeping through the night. Palpitations and irregular heart rhythm - gone. I had some meals with cooked tomatos and raw onions - no problems! I can plan my days without having to worry about my trouble times.

I am still on Prilosec, tea and honey - I am afraid to upset the apple cart - but I wanted to share my story in the hope that it might help someone else.

Best wishes
    I must admit that the Eaters Digest tea is great! My husband purchased it for me at the beginning of my digestive problems. Although I still rely very heavily on Prevacid, from time to time I still drink my tea and it does work! I am a poster child for natural teas and remedies!
    I know that your post is going to help someone!! Thank you for sharing this valuable information!!!!!

Aleet7

Closed Thread