It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Acid reflux lpr is cured by allergy medicine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
    nchang58
    (male)

nchang58 HB User
    Acid reflux lpr is cured by allergy medicine

I have this throat pain for > 2 years, and I also post several times on this board before. I had saw many doctors, and I was always told that this is acid reflux, even I mentioned many times that PPI does not work for me, and my pain is still there. In the past I had two endoscopy, two throat scopy, 2 CT's..., no actual findings except seeing irritated red throat by ENT doc. My life was in deep shadow.

Last week I was referred to see a GI doctor. He asked my symptons, which is mostly throat pain/discomfort expecially during day time. He told me this may not be acid reflux, because PPI is a strong medicine, and my sympton does not responde to that even I had taken two PPI/day for several months. He told me that I may have to work out possibilities one by one. This may be allergy. I was so confused to hear what he said, so I asked to let me have some allergy medicine to see what would happen next. I started to take Claritin one tablet/day since last Friday, and my throat sympton has mostly disappearred so far!

So this turns out that my problem is allergy (I never had allergy before) not acid reflux. Those stubborn doctors had mistreated me for ~ 2 & half years!

Wish all you well ....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread