It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Please someone help me i'm worried!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #16
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User
    Re: Please someone help me i'm worried!!

please someone reply i am in a bad way, someone who can relate to this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #17
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

please someone reply.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:27 PM   #18
    londoner70
    (female)

londoner70 HB User

Hi,

My susptoms are not the same as yours, but I have been suffering from other symptoms now for almost a year.
    Are you seeing a GI doctor? have you been to your GP?
    I am also from London and know in the UK, it is not very easy to be seen, and can take time, but since you are really worried, and so uncomfortable, how about going to an emergency unit? This way is quicker than a GP, to get referral and be seen by a GI, or if you have private health, ask your GP tomorrow morning to reffer you a GI, and make an appointment asap.
    Make sure though you are reffered to a good one.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #19
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

Hi i have done all this, i have seen my GP.. i have told him all this, he says i'm ok, but my worry is that he is guessing, and its not understanding me, last year i had a endoscope, and lower GI scope.. which was normal, but because he refered me before and knows that i had all the tests last year he is being a stubborn ******* and will not put me on.. i keep getting this liquid/fluid feeling in my throat/chest after i eat, its with even something little and i get bloated alot.. this liquid feeling is annoying.. the tests last year was normal but its been a year i have taken tablets for reflux and they have done nothing, lansoprasole.. i mean what harm is it to give me another scope? my last one was a year ago and the problems have got worse, i am going to have to change my doctor because this guy is not taking this seriously, he is going by my previous tests i feel.. and believes strongly everything is ok and within a year its impossible for something to happen, and my age aswell i'm only 23! i am burping all the time aswell which never happened before, even with an empty stomach! who else can relate to this symptoms? unfortunatly we are not all rich and i can't afford private health insurance or go private otherwise i would go now!! what has happened is i have pushed my GP so much, he finally said he would write the letter to see my GI doctor again, but he is saying it could be within 3 months, i have not got this time to waste, can anybody sugest a way for me to have these tests quickly? as i need a solution fast for all these issues i cannot wait any longer, i have been to the ER aswell they keep doing nothing, just saying go back to your GP and i have know luck with him.. the ER will not refer they don't do that unless you are on the floor passed out.. i don't know what the NHS is coming to, they make you wait wait untill they kill you.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #20
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

this is the problem now, the guy is making me wait for a refferal! why?? i told him i am suffering with this.. 3 months he said!!!! no chance.. what can i do? any suggestions.. what symptoms are you getting? i told him can i have an appointment quickly with the GI doctor he goes 3 months is the wait.. he does not feel its serious for me to have an appointment quickly.. he is an idiot honestly.. its really bothering me i need some help what to do i would appreciate anybody with ideas, i need this sorted out, i don't know why this doctor is acting this way.. its not good enough him saying their is nothing wrong! i am going back to him because the problem is not going, the tablets have done nothing yet i tell him all this and he does nothing! he should be sorting a quick appointment straight away.. not a 3 month wait its getting worse.. he won't do it quickly because he does not feel its needed.. and because he saw i was upset he wrote the letter, so basically he wouldnt of done it.. but this does not improve the situation because he is making me wait 3 months! he thinks its anxiety.. i keep telling him it is not.. its gone on to long.. i am stuck now.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:50 AM   #21
    dweb75
    (male)

dweb75 HB User
    Smile Re: Please someone help me i'm worried!!

I know it stinks when you know something is wrong and the doctors think otherwise.

You are probably making it worse by being so obsessive about it. Try to modify your diet, eat smaller meals, drink plenty of water, etc. The medication only prevents the reflux from damaging your upper GI trak.

I found out that things like coffee, greasy foods, and chocolate cause me the most problems.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:58 AM   #22
    graystationflor
    (female)

graystationflor HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Please someone help me i'm worried!!

hi, have your gallblader checked. its going to be ok. until you can see the doctor. drink plenty of room temp water. drink a glass all at once, it will push the acid down and delute it. hope this helps

Last edited by Administrator; 03-16-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:25 AM   #23
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

are you sure its going to be ok? i went to the hospital this morning, i told them about my issues again, and that my doctor is not doing anything.. they did blood work, and a chest xray which all came back normal! i told them that my doctor is making me wait 3 months for an appointment with the specalist, which is unexceptable, the doctor in the ER told me i don't think its serious just acid reflux, but i don't get it with hearburn or acid sour taste in my mouth, i get the regurgatation of food which remains as liquid/fluid in my chest.. what is this? its after i eat a meal, even if i have something small, you can feel a liquid feeling in the chest area, thats why i am feeling which rising into my throat! i always get pain as i am about to go toilet aswell.. i have had a lower GI scope aswell last year, but i am very disapointed with my doctor as it was only a sigmoidscopy not a colonoscopy.. so i only had half of my bowl checked.. and problems continued! from the start i should of had the full colonoscopy but was giving half, i was given the gastroscope.. but this was a year ago.. any ideas on how i can make the doctor give me a colonoscopy and a gastroscope quickly as its needed quick.. i can't wait 3 months its nonsense when its bothering me so much.. i need both scopes, and maybe a different GI doctor in a different hospital.. because when i last saw him he told me we won't give you one for another 2 years, but problems have got worse even with meds which are not helping, so i'm really annoyed.. i am about to write a complaint letter and give it into my surgery tommorow so something can be sorted.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #24
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

does anybody belch alot aswell? i tried lansoprasole it does nothing, i burp maybe twice every 5 mins.. any ideas? even on an empty stomach this happens.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #25
    londoner70
    (female)

londoner70 HB User

You did the right thing going to emergency, couldn't you ask the doctor there to refer you to a GI?
    You obviously need to be checked because this is giving you a lot of anxiety, and wouldn't help matters.
    Does your GP surgery only have one doctor? Can't you see another GP?
    I know going privately is very expensive, if it is an option just for an initial consultation can you make an appointment to see a GI privately, and if after hearing your symptoms the GI says you need and endoscopy or gasteroscopy, he can wriet to your GP, and then the GP has to refer you.
    This way you just pay for the initial consultation.
    Hope this helps somehow

Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #26
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

i did ask this at the hospital, i don't know if its all hospital that don't refer, but basically they said we can't do this your GP only can! i don't get it? their saying they can't refer, they said we would only admit you if your blood tests where not normal and you showed signs of bleeding which i didnt.. she felt happy that i was ok, but this changed nothing, my blood tests where normal today and so was my chest xray.. and the doctor had the check to say quite frankly if i had your symptoms i wouldnt worry at all, i don't think she understands how bad they really are, they she had the cheak to say i have worse symptoms that what your having actually.. silly cow! what our your symptoms? i burp so much during the day aswell is this normal, is their better meds? i took lansoprasole for 2 weeks and it did nothing.. like i said if i had the money i would go private but i don't.. i just finished writing a complaints letter to my GP which i will hand in tommorow, because 3 months for a letter is ridicules i cannot wait that long so hopefully they will listen and push me forward quickly for the same tests i had last year.. what would you say the chances are within one year from my last gastroscopy for their to be something serious their now? people tell me its next to impossible.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #27
    Vanessa74
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Vanessa74 HB User

It does sound like you are still refluxing - I apologize if you have already answered this - but do you take a PPI right now?

It could be that a medication switch is order - perhaps you could try ACIPHEX or NEXIUM - your Dr.'s office could give you some samples while you wait for your appointment.

If you had the tests a year ago - then I would assume that nothing 'real bad' has cropped up in only a year - especially since your blood work is coming back good.

Do you monitor your diet as well?

Finally, do you take anything for anxiety? Being as worried as you are will definitely aggravate your reflux and tie your stomach into knots. When I am worried and stressed my reflux is much much worse.

At times -a PPI can take more than two weeks to really start to make a difference - also, sometimes you made need a double dose of the PPI to really get the reflux under control and then you can drop it back to once a day.

It does not have to feel 'burning' to be reflux - the liquid feeling in your chest and also the burping are signs of reflux as well.

I hope you find some answers and relief SOON.

Vanessa

Old 06-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #28
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

thanks for your advice Vanessa and everyone on here, so can you relate to the trapped wind in my chest, and loads of burps come up, constant belching and fluid/liquid sensation in my chest that rises to my throat, when i bend the fluid with food comes out.. i told my doctor he said that liquid thing is reflux aswell, basically you don't have to have the burning which i don't! today i went back to see my doctor and he actually called me in and said he saw a letter my gastro doctor sent him, that said i have to try 30mg of lansoprazole and 10mg of domperidome, the lansoprazole 30mg once a day and domperidome twice a day.. i hope this helps! i don't think it will work tho, he said it should stop the reflux and keep thing down.. and help the muscle the spinhter to work properly.. basically i don't feel i need to complain now, he does not need to write the letter basically because i forgot that i was still under my GI doctor in the hospital i thought he discharged me so i was going to let my doctor to write me a letter back, and complain because he was saying it was going to take 3 months and my symptoms are so bad i cannot wait that long, but he rang me and saw the letter written to him by my GI doctor saying i will be seen again seen, so i guess i don't need to complain again he gave me this med that the GI doc said i should take.. then if their's no improvement in 2 weeks he said come back and i will make you get seen quickly.. thankgod he saw that letter, because i forgot that he even wrote to my doctor and that i was still seeing my GI doctor as i thought he discharged me, but he never did which is how it should be, untill things are better.. when i did see my GI doctor tho he said within a year its impossible for anything to crop up.. and to continue to take this med, but the last lower dose lanzoprasole med i took last time 15mg did nothing and i told him that, so now i am going to try 30mg, surely if nothing helps this time i will insist i don't want to take more tablets.. this should help, i won't wait 2 years for another scope.. surely if it don't work within 2 weeks and make doctor said he will send me back to him with a quick appointment he will surely not give me more meds and give me another scope? because i will not except anything else because i have tried everything now, their using my last scope as an excuse as it was only a year ago and nothing can happen espesically with your age within a year so we will give you one in 2 years, thats not on.. if these tablets don't work as i have tried everything he must give me another scope.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:37 AM   #29
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

someone please reply.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #30
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

is anybody going to reply please.

Closed Thread

Tags
    aciphex, nexium, pepcid, prilosec, zantac, zgerid