It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Please someone help me i'm worried!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #31
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User
    Re: Please someone help me i'm worried!!

sorry for sounding desperate but can someone please reply as i am scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #32
    Vanessa74
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Vanessa74 HB User

CC,

I take 30MG Prevacid and (4) Carafate pills everyday - I follow the strict GERD diet - and I STILL relfux almost daily. Not everything works for everyone and sometimes trying to find the right/effective treatment takes time and trial/error.

I am having a scope in two weeks and have had LOTS of other tests (blood, scans, etc.) - that shows everything is ok so far - but I have daily pain and reflux - sometimes burning, somtimes just that fluid feeling. Mine is painful and causes me severe breathing problems as well.

I am telling you all that so you will know that I understand how frustrating the process is and feeling sick all the time (this has been going on for me for months now). BUT I understand that I have to let the Drs. try things to try and help me.

Please try taking something for the anxiety that you are suffering and take the medications that the Drs. are prescribing and try following the strict GERD diet for a while. If the meds do not help - try new ones.

Please try to relax a little and get some help with the anxiety - this is making your reflux 20 x's worse because of the constant stress and worry.

I hope you feel better soon.

Vanessa

Old 06-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #33
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

Hi thanks for your advise Vanessa, finally i have someone who understands what this fluid thing is, i am getting it without the burning, just alot of belching with it! are you sure the fluid sensation in my chest that rises to my mouth is reflux? when i bend over and i burp or even standing up food comes out of my mouth with liquid! i don't even have to eat much to get that liquid feeling, i'm just worried i had an endoscope last year but i want another one.. my GP told me to come back to him in 2 weeks if this does not work and they he will quickly write an urgent letter for me to be seen by my gastro doc, and then surley no more meds, he will have to give me another scope, because i cannot take this anymore.. its even effecting me when i go toilet, i am getting problems with lower GI issues.. i went toilet and last few days my stools have been mucus like, like hard to pull the stool apart, sorry for sounding nasty.. but i hear this is a symptom of anxiety aswell.. i mean what do you personally think this is? you don't think its nothing serious do you, i only had a scope last year surely within a year nothing has happened? but i have never had symptoms this bad before, what diet do you follow?

Last edited by ccel1; 06-20-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:44 AM   #34
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

basically it sounds like this i have, Regurgitation, it is the appearance of refluxed liquid in the mouth. The liquid remains in the lower esophagus. This liquid remains in the chest area and slowly rises up it feels as if i am drowning in my own body, the feeling takes at least 2-3 hours to disappear, which i am belching non stop with trapped feeling in my chest like a bubble needs to be poped after i eat it happens always, can anybody else relate to these symptoms, because i have even metioned this to many doctors and they look at me as if what the hell is he talking about, i mean they should know better as doctor's thats what really annoy's me, occasionally in some patients with GERD, larger quantities of liquid, sometimes containing food, are refluxed and reach the upper esophagus. This is what i have.. but i want to make it clear i have this liquid without burning, and without the acid sour taste.. its just the liquid regurgitation everytime i eat.. why can't it just stay down? why is it refluxed upwards? is this serious? or is it still acid reflux i am confused? someone please tell me, i am taking 30mg of Lansoprazole and 10mg of domperidome as i made everyone aware of my symptoms have been going on for neally a month now and i have been doing this medication for 3 days now but still noticed nothing at all, infact it feels worse i really am worried why they are not working.

Last edited by ccel1; 06-21-2008 at 05:58 AM.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:06 AM   #35
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

I have something that sounds like what you are experiencing, but not as bad as it comes out my mouth. I have found that once this begins it takes me at least 30 day to calm it down and I have to be very careful and strict. I have been on PPI's for 8 yrs now. When I was first DX'ed it was because I had a burning in my esophagus and upset stomach. I was DX'ed with GERD but that isn't really the problem that part is MILD. This doc just started meds. When they ran out it all came back. Went to another doc, he said take Nexium every other day which I stated that I could not, had to take it daily. Now 8 yrs later the Nexium doesn't work well went to 3rd doc. He did an upper and lower GI and the upper found that I have a small Hiatal Hernia. I do experience regurgitating (when I lay down after eating), and PPI's do not work well for that he said. I never knew! I was told that there is another med that has lots of S/E's that I can try next then it is surgery to tighten the valve. Fun isn't it? I do not drink with meals (just a sip if necessary) and eat small amounts at a time or I have more severe problems. I have to elevate the bed and cannot drink much until an hour after eating my meal. I follow all the rules or if I don't I'm going to pay dearly. Kind of like a person that has gastric bypass. I have chest pain after drinking water too many times. I have to take it slower. It helps to eat foods that do not require a lot of digestion too. And...... I cannot say enough about diet for this problem, it makes a BIG difference. They have also changed my meds. to Zegerid. I had the test to see if the stomach is emptying properly and I think they said it was slow but fine. Good luck to you. Keep us posted and try not to worry it makes the problem worse. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 06-21-2008, 08:25 AM   #36
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

hi thanks for posting, i will keep everyone posted on how things go, how long do you think the 30mg of lansoprazole with dompridome takes to work? a week? i have been on them for 3 days and yet nothing! do you get the fluid feeling aswell? i get the liquid feeling in my chest after i eat, like fluid is floating about, if i bend down the regurgitation happens, then when i burp it comes up, if your doc said that PPI's don't work well for regurgitation then what causes it, and what meds do stop it from coming up? i thought PPI's helped with that, thats what i was told! you do not have to have the burning and sour taste for it to be reflux do you? you can get what i am describing aswell for it to be reflux also? just alot of belching even with an empty stomach, its worse after eaten, no matter what i eat, and then the liquid feeling.. maybe the muscle is very weak and relaxed at the end of my stomach or i have a hernia i don't know, but what i get these symptoms as i am describing if it was this? i also notice that after eaten, even if i have a coffee an hour later because its thick it builds up the fluid sensation even more untill you regurgitate.. i used to eat and eat and never get this issue why now? i'm only 23 aswell, i thought old people get this, unless if anxiety is playing a major role in all this even whilst on the meds.

Last edited by ccel1; 06-21-2008 at 08:30 AM.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #37
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cc
    hi thanks for posting, i will keep everyone posted on how things go, how long do you think the 30mg of lansoprazole with dompridome takes to work? a week? i have been on them for 3 days and yet nothing!
    3 days is not long enough to tell. Give it time. I am not familiar with the meds that you are on. I took 40mgs of Nexium and now have changed.

do you get the fluid feeling aswell?
    Yes, I do this is why I said you can't drink with it makes it a lot worse.

i get the liquid feeling in my chest after i eat, like fluid is floating about, if i bend down the regurgitation happens, then when i burp it comes up, if your doc said that PPI's don't work well for regurgitation then what causes it, and what meds do stop it from coming up? i thought PPI's helped with that, thats what i was told!
    My GI doc just told me that they do not really work for regurgitation and I believe him. I think that's why I have such a hard time with this. I think it's the valve being too weak. And the hernia makes it stay open more.

you do not have to have the burning and sour taste for it to be reflux do you? you can get what i am describing aswell for it to be reflux also? just alot of belching even with an empty stomach, its worse after eaten, no matter what i eat, and then the liquid feeling.. maybe the muscle is very weak and relaxed at the end of my stomach or i have a hernia i don't know, but what i get these symptoms as i am describing if it was this?

I do have a little reflux and I think that is when it shoots up into the mouth or throat. I think that the regurgitation is the fluid floating feeling at least it is for me.

i also notice that after eaten, even if i have a coffee an hour later because its thick it builds up the fluid sensation even more untill you regurgitate..
    You have to stop the coffee too.

i used to eat and eat and never get this issue why now? i'm only 23 aswell, i thought old people get this, unless if anxiety is playing a major role in all this even whilst on the meds.
    Anxiety will make things worse. Sorry you are so young and having to deal with this issue. I began this in my twenties as well. Always had had a sensitive stomach. Good luck to you. FLFLOWERGIRL

Last edited by Administrator; 03-16-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:16 AM   #38
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

thanks for your advice, i also want to know does the medication your on ever effect your lower abdoman? as your about to go to the toilet in the morning for a number 2, do you ever get alot of pain, also a form of diarrieh? because i have been getting that, and i can feel my lower abdoman beating i don't know if this is a form of IBS or the meds i am taking, this is when i wake in the morning usually, with alot of pain untill i pass my motions.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:23 AM   #39
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

If you had this before the meds I would say it is something else causing it. I know that the meds do change things and maybe your body is sensitive to this. Maybe it is just one or both meds you are taking. You should do a search on their possible S/E's and also talk to your doctor. I don't have a problem with that. Good luck to you. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 06-23-2008, 07:01 AM   #40
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

Hi i was going to ask, what diet are you on for your reflux? i also wondered why is it after every single meal, little or big.. doesnt have to be much do i get this fluid feeling, and regurgitation? i only had a scope last year, and it showed a little reflux abit of damage to the osephigus, but a year later its worse my symptoms as i explained to you.. its not possible that an ulcer or something has happened within that time is it?

Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #41
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

are you around to reply

Old 06-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #42
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

Hi Flowergirl, i was going to ask you aswell... when i eat should i just not have a drink? untill later.. what diet are you on? its wierd i had burger and chips for lunch and never got this fluid feeling, but for dinner i had cod and chips, then blue cheese with bread, with a glass or orange squash and some bottled water, as soon as i finished that straight away the fluid feeling, if i bend down! it comes out when i burp what is this fluid? i used to never get this whilst eating big meals before, now i get it with any meal, small or big do you have any ideas why? this is really making me suffer, day 6 on tabs and still nothing.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #43
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cce--It's really hard to say because when you have problems with reflux you can also get ulcers, gastritis, H-Pylori and whatever life dishes out for us. This is why you should follow a strict diet (doesn't make a difference for many though) this helps me to keep everything at least a little clamed down. What does your doctor have to say about your symptoms?

I drink ~very little~ because this causes the food not to digest as quickly, so it stays there longer. You really should try to wait 1 hr after. Small meals is key of you are experiencing regurgitation. Non fatty and acidic foods help immensely. If you are not familiar, read the food lists on the web and see. Cut out all that you can as much as you can and reintroduce to see which ones are the culprit for you. Everyone is different and things effect everyone in a different way. I can eat tomatoes but not spaghetti sauce. I drink tea each morning but never at night because this relaxes the valve. I just make adjustments whenever. If I'm sick with this mess I am very careful, sometimes tea bothers me. Try a food diary and see what bothers you most. Avoid these things, take the meds, and elevate your bed if you have not done so already. This is a must for people like us. You don't feel all the damage all the time. Cod and chips is a
    (((((NO NO!)))))) and your orange drink. Burger is okay with SOME chips, you can't be perfect. It all helps you to feel better. If your meds (which I don't know about) don't help you within 30 days you need to see your GI doc again for med. adjustments or further testing. I can only tell you from my experience. Be well. FLFLOWERGIRL

Last edited by Administrator; 03-16-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #44
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I need advice too. I thought I was ok so I stupidly went off the prilosec for several days. I have now been back on it for 3 days. I am still suffering and haven't eaten much today. Yogurt water... 2 waffles for supper and water. I am scared to eat. I feel the burning coming up. gunk down in there. Today for the first time I had the shooting pain in my chest. UGH! On the right side not near the heart. But gives heartburn it's true meaning. I don't know what to do. Right now I am on one 20 mg of prilosec a day. I have been told by other people that maybe I could take more. I am afraid too. I don't want to hurt myself, but I don't want to hurt myself with the reflux. Thanks for the help!!

Old 06-24-2008, 02:02 AM   #45
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

my doctor is saying its a type of reflux, he keeps saying its not urgent, and now is trying to ring my GI doc, his secutery to try and get me a quicker appointment.. now its like not till augest i will be seen again! this is silly i need to be seen now, but they are not listening.. this is making me worse, basically what i want to know is, the fluid feeling i get after i eat is regurgitation right? is the belching normal, the trapped air in the chest with reflux? it gets stuck and feels like pressure and takes ages to go away what is this please someone help! when i burp bits of food come up, but i don't get the sour taste.. or the burning so what is this? is it still what you get? do you understand what this is.

Last edited by ccel1; 06-28-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    aciphex, nexium, pepcid, prilosec, zantac, zgerid