It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Please someone help me i'm worried!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User
    Please someone help me i'm worried!!

Hi everyone, i wonder if anyone can help me relate to these symptoms.. i had a scope a year ago which was normal, reflux was found.. but ever since then things have got worse, i keep getting this liquid feeling in my chest after meals, constant trapped burps.. even on empty stomach, an ill feeling especially when waking up.. this liquid feeling i don't know what it is, even if i have something light i have it, its worrying me its as if i am not digesting my food properly and it stays in the chest area, someone please help if anyone can relate to what this liquid feeling is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User
    Re: Please someone help me i'm worried!!

please someone reply i am really worried about this.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
    CindyinAtl
    (female)

CindyinAtl HB User

Can you explain more about what you mean by 'liquid feeling'? Do you feel like something is sloshing around?

Old 06-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hi there! Sorry about your liquid feeling. I haven't had that. That is a new one to me. But it doesn't mean it hasn't happened to someone. Have you had the doctor go in and look? I would press for more testing. Don't let it go. Don't be afraid. You will find an answer. Right there with ya. I am suffering from reflux too.
    Tammy

Old 06-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

ok i will explain this the best way i can! basically every time i eat, it does not have to be much, i don't get the burning so much, like heartburn or acid in my throat.. that bad taste! i get behind my chest where the oesphigus is a refluxed liquid feeling, a feeling of fluid basically that doesnt seem to be digested properly.. alot of trapped wind in my chest alot of burping.. stuck burps.. then in a couple of hours the fluid thing goes, the fluid feeling is basically.. when you bend downwards and you burp your food comes up! do you get me now? and liquid comes out of your throat, thats what i am getting.. this is the best way i can explain this.. i hope now its clearer and someone who also gets this can talk with me about it, thankyou.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
    MountainReader
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

My endoscopy came up completely normal. I have also had a 24 hr PH, a Modified Barium Swallow and an Esophagram which all showed significant reflux. All the scope confirmed was that the esophagus isn't damaged yet.

If you are really concerned about the acid, I would inquire for further testing so you know for sure what you are dealing with.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:46 AM   #7
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

please someone reply.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #8
    rush_rulz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rush_rulz HB User

Hi,

I have heard others (not on this board, in person) speak to what you are describing somewhat. They feel as if their food does not digest all the way, and that there is a slushy/squishy feeling in their chest/stomach.

Is yours more in the throat?

Can you tell me more about it, as in when you say, take a deep breath when this is going on, do you hear a sort of "gurgling" sound, as if you are chocking on water going down your throat?

Last edited by Administrator; 03-16-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #9
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

Hi yes it somewhat feels like there is a slushy/squishy feeling in their chest/stomach. mostly the chest, which rises up to my throat and remains their, and if i bend down and try to burp or burp the liquid/fluid comes out! do you understand now? its so hard to describe but i call it a fluid feeling.. it usually comes after i eat.. it used to be after i ate a big meal, now it comes after every meal.. its bothering me so much, the wierd thing i have not got heartburn or acid indigestion.. just this feeling, and trapped air in my chest.. especially after i eat, i burp for hours.. my burps feel stuck its as if i don't digest my food properly.. this is effecting my bowls to i always seem to get pain in my abdomanan area before i go toilet.. do you know now about this feeling and what this is? its nothing serious is it? i have had a scope a year ago but that was a year ago they found reflux but now this has got worse.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

can someone please reply, its also everytime i eat.. i get the food come back up.. so thats where i feel the liquid feeling.. then i burp and food comes out of my mouth.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #11
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hello again! I think it is time you get checked out further. See a doctor that specializes in this. That would be best. You don't want to let it go. Expecially when it is worse, but please try not to worry, That only makes things worse. I know it's easier said than done.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #12
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

yeh thats what i will do, thanks, do you have any idea about how i described this as to what it could be? i described it the best way i could, please write back.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #13
    AddyS
    (female)

AddyS HB User

I can very much relate to your symptoms. I have the same problems you do. You and I have achalasia, an esophageal motor disorder. Achalasia, also known as esophageal achalasia, cardiospasm, dyssynergia esophagus, and esophageal aperistalsis, is an esophageal motility disorder, a disease in which normal movement of the muscles in the esophagus is disturbed. It is characterized by dysphagia (difficulty swallowing), chest pain and regurgitation. The peristalsis process which occurs after swallowing is not functioning properly. It is slowed, and intermittent, and food and / or liquids stay up in the chest area much longer than normal after swallowing. And travel thru the esophagus may be slow and even painful.

The main symptom in esophageal motor disorders is dysphagia. This is most typical of patients. It may start with having trouble getting the solid foods down. As the disease progresses, patients avoid meat but continue to report difficulty with leafy vegetables, bread, pastas and frequently liquids. Symptoms are aggravated by hasty eating or emotional upset. Patients learn to eat slowly and use certain maneuvers such as arching the back or raising the arms to ease progression of the food or liquid bolus. "Washing foods down" with liquids is often ineffective and relief is only obtained by belching and regurgitation of undigested food or liquids. The process may become so embarrassing that patients avoid eating in public.
    I hope this helps.. Look up achalasia on the internet. I know how annoying, uncomfortable, and even painful this disorder can be.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-16-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #14
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

Hi i read up on this disorder, and apparently it effects 1 in 100,000 i doubt i have that! i am not getting the difficulty swollowing part.. i get the sense of liquid in my chest that is reguargtated each time i eat, alot of trapped air in my chest.. alot of belching even on an empty stomach! do you know what i mean? its even effected my stools, constipation.. i used to get the liquid/fluid feeling alot when i used to eat alot but now i get it with something small.. its worrying me! whats it most likely to be? i had all the tests endoscope a year ago, but things have now got worse.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:41 AM   #15
    ccel1
    (male)

ccel1 HB User

please someone reply, the rush_ruz girl if your their.

Last edited by ccel1; 06-11-2008 at 04:42 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    aciphex, nexium, pepcid, prilosec, zantac, zgerid