It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Swedish Bitters?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
    scoot
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

scoot HB User
    Sweetish Bitters?

has anyone tried sweetish bitters to treat their reflux?

i've been using it for only a week now, so the jury is still out for long term efficacy, but it seems to be making a difference already.

my skepticism was very strong at first. i'm just as skeptical of natural remedies as i am of western medicine, which puts me in a tough position. not wanting to take proton-pump inhibitors, i figured i'd give bitters a chance.

i'm wondering if anyone else has tried them.

*****JUST AN UPDATE**** today is August 7th and i have been daily using the sweetish bitters for over 6 weeks now. i do get occasional heartburn, but it is not that excruciating heat that goes on for days. i take a tums once in a while and that clears it up! it is inconsistent and when i have heartburn it seems to be because i overate or laid down after eating or if i drank soda or alcohol which are no-no's anyways.

the sweetish bitters are definitely working, overall. i am really quite amazed. just thought i'd pass that on.

Last edited by scoot; 08-07-2008 at 09:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #2
    nessie01
    (female)

nessie01 HB User
    Re: Swedish Bitters?

hi

havnt really treid them but they are supposed to be really excellant for digestion and i guess the easier it is to digest our food the least chance of reflux...keep going with them any improvemnt is good.......i for one would go for natural as much as possibel as western medicine tends to treat only the symptom so eventually no mattter how well it works it will catch up with ya and bite ya in the butt lol
    ness

Closed Thread