It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• reflux causes and my symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-03-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
    nessie01
    (female)

nessie01 HB User
    reflux causes and my symptoms

hi new here

am i right that the causes of reflux are either gallbladder deasease, faulty splincer (mechanical) so not closing, not enough acid which is why ACV works for some, candida or parasites, or general toxity........is there anything i have missed?

i no i dont have candida or parasites as have been there done that, i have treid ACV like never again!!!!!, im thinking then mechanical and or gallbladder and definalty toxity.........

my symptoms are sore throat, lump in throat, acid feeling in tummy not so mych heartburn just can feel acidity......reflux even after water tho not severe i dont reflux huge mouthfuls or vomit....

nauesa, reallly sore tummy all the time, constant burping sharp refered pains stabby like through back shoulders andlittle lower down, oh heart jumps, cough occasionly and sometimes sneeze...
    i follwo a real healhty diet, i dont eat gluten as gluten intolent, and only eat ferment dairy like youghur and keifer for probiotics, mostly eat lots of fruit (not citris) vegies, gluten free grains like millet and brown rice, tamari, nut butters, light cocnut milk, taking barley and wheat grass to help detoxify and alkalise, liquid minerals and lots and lots and lots of raw organic honey to help sooth and heal the throat..........i dont get this deasease, like my hubby eats crap drinks crap and is fine!!!!!!!!!!arghhhhh

oh i have gastritis twice this year prob from the acid.......i havnt had this tested but no the symptoms anyway homeopathics get rid of my gastritis so im also going to go and try homepathics for reflux as well.

anyway i went to the gastro spec about 3 years ago as i was constantly burping and having chronic stomach aches that would last weeks and then disapear for couple of months and come back had this going on and off since but now got really bad.............anyway ecerything fine (camera thingy in tummy) but had some gallstones but apparently my symptoms didnt fit........i am going to go back to see another gastr for more testing...the gastr i saw three years ago was hopeless told me that it was emotional and stressed and that i prob just had a little IBS no help what so ever!!!!!!!!!!! however this time i no better i no its reflux but the cause and how to fix its the worry..........

anyway do all these symptoms sound like chronic relfux...

thanks

Last edited by nessie01; 07-03-2008 at 01:29 AM. Reason: more stuff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2008, 04:14 AM   #2
    CharBerry
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
    Re: reflux causes and my symptoms

I started with the GERD, Gastritis, and bacteria H. My symptoms are mostly located in upper resp tract, but I just felt like I was going to plain die at first. Think when they "finally" figured out what was wrong that the PPI's did help my stomach issues but I would lose my voice for months at a time and always sounded nasal. Sore throat, PND, cough my fool head off, "want" to throw up to get rid of whatever was hung, diagnosed with asthma(which, I think is due to the GERD) on and on. Had every test available several times over. Bottom line is that I'm still not living a normal, active life, 10 yrs later due to GERD/LPR. Everything I have is CHRONIC. Get very tired of hearing that from Dr's. I do believe you go into remission periods and for some they can last years (not me) Have had all other parts checked out and nothing wrong with GB, lungs (other than acid leaking), lots of mucus in my throat, PND every single day (went the asthma/allergy route for years and no real improvement). For some reason, I have not lost my voice for over 6 months now. I think due to a natural product I'm using but I continue with the cough and mucus. Ear infections, sinus infections, SOB often. The real deal (chocking and waking in the middle of the night full of acid) not too bad. In fact, I'm better lying down! Go figure. Been on every med known to man, can't say PPI's help that much, if at all. Will say Nasocort or some spray helps me more than anything. If I go into a coughing fit, take a swig of Mylanta and will stop it. Chewing gum helps me also. I did really watch my diet way back when (when you think you're going to die it's easier) but as of now, doesn't seem to matter what I eat or drink. Good days and bad days.
    Don't really blame any meds I was on for the reflux (I rarely ever got a cold before this) soooo many people seem to have it now. Think it's due to our ever changing lifestyles, diet, and STRESS.

I do think you will get better. The LPR is more of a challange to keep under control for me and even taking 2 Nexium a day doesn't seem to make it any better. They switch me around a lot and some meds work better for some than others. Don't give up and try not to worry so. I know that's a laugh but stress will kill ya for sure!

Char

I do know people that say "I take the purple pill" (want to slap them) and that they are just fine. Took me a LONG time to get over the bad stomach issues or to where I'm not sick every single day. Took 3 rounds for bacterias.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
    nessie01
    (female)

nessie01 HB User

hi char

hay sorry about your long time suffereing i agree that moslty doctors dont have a clue and that from what i have read prescribed purples pills and the like dont seem to work al that well which is why i havnt yet been tdown the medicine route........i no i wont handle them as i cant handle anything other than homepathics really..............have you treid homeptahcis as it works for me like its got rid of my gastritis twice in the last six months, its gone with homepathics in like two weeks.........

so now im the mission to get homepathics for acid reflux and alll my other crhonic stomach stuff..

i have nothing to lose..........im am still going to the specilist but i wont tell my homepathic he would shot me lol..............i just need to no that its not gallbladderm hernia etc, and if i find out that it is gb or hernia hay i can go about healing my body........chiropractors can fix hatial hernias and liver flushes etc can help GB..........the thing im freked out most of all is this gastropathy thing whre the muscles dont work.lke how would you fix that!!!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #4
    CharBerry
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

I do think there are many natural cures and use western meds when possible. You do need to go thru the test though to rule out things then maybe from there you can go back to your homeapathic (sp) and get some answers. I have this cool asthma/allergy spec who after trying me on countless meds suggested roots and berries! Think the poor lady was ready to give up. My problem is insurance not covering other than scripts from Dr.

Char

Closed Thread