HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acid Reflux / GERD (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acid-reflux-gerd/)
-   -   ok is there anyone on here that PPI work for and feel good i need hope bit down (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acid-reflux-gerd/618554-ok-there-anyone-here-ppi-work-feel-good-i-need-hope-bit-down.html)

nessie01 07-17-2008 07:02 PM

ok is there anyone on here that PPI work for and feel good i need hope bit down

is there anyone here that are happy with there PPI and it has given them there life back...........just that i no two freinds that have used PPI for like over ten years and they are happy is larry except for the occasional flare like going to bed after just eaten.. they drink alcohol, etc and are fine........so is this board just for people who are not cured by PPI

does anyone else no other people who are fine on PPI and live well and happy...

i need a bit of hope that when i try another PPI that i may be ok and it may work for me..........this board can be a little depressing no offence..

any joy or hope
thanks

janewhite1 07-17-2008 07:19 PM

Re: ok is there anyone on here that PPI work for and feel good i need hope bit down

You're right. Medical support boards are often depressing, because people who had the problem and got cured, or at least managed to the point they don't think about it much, aren't here. They are out enjoying life, or perhaps browsing online comics.

Many people do improve a lot on PPI's. In fact, I would say that most people with acid reflux feel great with the PPI and some minor dietary modifications. Some take PPI and can eat anything, some can manage it with diet/lifestyle and Tums alone.

Keep us posted on your medication outcomes.

nessie01 07-17-2008 09:22 PM

Re: ok is there anyone on here that PPI work for and feel good i need hope bit down

thankyou for the reply

i thought as much that people who get better dissappear,,,i know because i have been on another forum for anther issue and its resolved now to where its livable so i hardly ever go back to the forum.............so i will try to stop obsessing and try to get the right PPI and get on with life..........thankyou....
you have really healped me more than you no, this is such as emotional jorney!!!!

anyone else with successs please share it gives everyone on tis baord hope

TEdds83 07-17-2008 09:45 PM

HI Nessie! Try to keep your chin up. We are in the battle with you. I have my good days and my bad days. I am on prilosec. Overall it helps. Today was a bad day because I cheated for a couple of days now. But in general I feel about normal.

nessie01 07-17-2008 11:29 PM

thks T

i feel better now since you seem to also be copin alright on it.........i plan on eating healthy as well but i would like, like you have a treat every now and then and even if i flare at least hopefully the meds will calm it down in a couple of days,..............so yes im going to go for the meds, eat well, take some alternative meds, and take somethin to detox my body cause i have read heaps of stuff that reflux etc is caused by our bodies being toxic, which wouldnt suprise me with all the crap and chemicals etc they put in everything!!!!!!

oh and here i go another toxin PPI lol, oh well.

oh typing this again my cat just wallked over the kkeyboard demanding food!!!!!, the question was T, you have LPR as well as gerd likeme, so are you on the double dose or just once day ...

cheers

michmob 07-18-2008 10:02 AM

I'm going through a bit of a rough time at the moment, I'm on zoton 30 twice daily which is twice the dose but I still have pain and reflux, yet sometimes I can get away with taking nothing and being fine, its so frustrating:mad:

Ive also been on losec which I found usless as well, the only thing that works for me is if I don't eat anything which obviously isnt recommended:(:(

It is depressing coming on here but its also good to know your not alone:)

Keep the chin up and good luck;)

TEdds83 07-18-2008 03:37 PM

I think I am going to go to the 2x daily with the prilosec. It may help me get it under control. Also do any of you have side effect from the prilosec? I seem to have dry mouth, heart palpatations and muscle twitches now and then. But I don't know...maybe that is from my benadryl. Any ideas???

nessie01 07-18-2008 09:54 PM

what do you use benadral for isnt that for like the flu or something does it sooth your throat