It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• arhhhh coughing up thick green mucus

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
    nessie01
    (female)

nessie01 HB User
    arhhhh coughing up thick green mucus

on top of all my never ending symptoms i have been coughing up thick green snot like muscus this moring.im freaking that i have an infection.hi i have got LPR and started on our version or protonix about thrree weeks ago only on one dose but asked my spec for two and started two doses four days ago...........how long does this take to work.....
    my symptoms are
    mucus
    sore throat, burining mouth and tounge.anything remotly spicey like cinnamin feels like i have lit a match in there
    ear pain
    post nasel drip
    coughing/ coughing up mucus
    lump in throat etc
    teacher so i often lose my voice its goes crackly etc went i have been reading stories or talking ot much...in general my voice is ok...

i guess i would be considered rellly really bad i already have two other medical issues that i have came to terms with but now this and im old and desperate for a baby its so unfair, im at the stage where i have been waiting so long with my other health condtions that i dont care i just want to get preggie, but in relity i no i cant handle this....it worse than anything else...

QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do i no if i have a sinus infection with this........i woke up this morning an coughed up this huge ammount of extremely thick and stringy green snot like mucus!!!! oh just did it again is the green indicate infection im thinking maybe do i have to get antibuiotics which i hate or will it clear like colds do......or is it from my post nasel drip or just my throat tryin to protect itself and heal.....i freaked as i had just swalled my ppi and thought that it was that coming up so have taken another one, now i release it wont of been the pill, so i have taken tow tablest at once, is that ok, i still want to take my night one to stop acid at night will i OD on three in one day, hay maybe it will help lol...oh im also taking a 1/4 of a teaspoon of baking soda in water before bed as well. i tred malanta but it maede me a litle neauseas....but felt good going down lol.

second how does one know if you are not refluxing anymore on the meds.........as its slient i dont actually really feeel acid creeping up.
    so are my symptoms still from the old irratation of acid, or am i still refluxing do in need to try something else.........hwo long should i stay on protonix for before trying somehting else............we cant get nexium in our country only prevacid and losec whic i think is like presilic or whatever its called, whould prevacid (zoton here) be better..........im getting a bit stressed and my gastro spec was not a lot of help and dosen really wan tto see me again..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
    footsiedee
    (female)

footsiedee HB User
    Re: arhhhh coughing up thick green mucus

sounds like you have several things going on at once, including sinus issues. however , it seems to me, general rule of thumb is...if your mucous becomes darkly colored, green or bright yellow it indicates infection. only a doc can tell, and even then some make you wait until you are really sick. i wouldnt wait, see a doc.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #3
    nessie01
    (female)

nessie01 HB User

hi

i think ivegot allergies issues as well, i just took a zyrtec antihistimine tablet and my nose feel dry and not drippy..........but will see as it gives 24 hours relief.............if it keeps my post nasel drip away then i will take one a day to help the reflux and throat heal.............the green mucus is prob from infection but i will hold of from the hopeless doctors as they will just give me an antiobiotic whic will upset my stomach even more...........sinus infections can clear on there own so will continue with the zyrtec and see if im better in a couple of days, otherwise i will have to go to the doc arghhhh......

oh does anyone no if zyrtec is ok to take with PPI im guessing so i had some in my med cabinet so figured that it woud be ok? i have only got about two left so if they work i will have to go and buy some more or clarintyn i guess its all the same...........

Old 08-03-2008, 06:01 AM   #4
    8monthslater
    (female)

8monthslater HB User

I have had that in the past. Wait and see if it is only in the morning or if it continues throughout the day. If it only in the morning it is probably NOT an infection, just mucus pooling in your throat. LPR definitely can cause sinus issues when the acid creeps into your sinuses. You responded to my first post. Our symptoms are the same. Wierd! I hope you can resolve this and get pregnant soon. Maybe pregnancy will change your condition. Can you take PPI's while pregnant? I am not sure, but I know you can take Tums and Rolaids. Unfortunately I think my LPR started while I was pregnant or right after I had the baby. Hopefully pregnancy will resolve your LPR. Good Luck!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #5
    nessie01
    (female)

nessie01 HB User

8th months later

hi thanks, i have green in the morning but seems to fade out to clear muscus later in the day........so prob just acid creeping in through the night so that means the PPI are not working?, dosnt sound like they are oh man how does one get better........im hoping its not acid but that its irratation form food as i have to cough up muscus after i have eaten............im giving the ppi another three weeks and then im changing to prevacid (zoton in nz)
    i just have to get better.............i so long for a baby it makes me cryu evryday you are so lucky to have a baby it msut be the best even throu alll this crap...........the antihisimines def helped thou as i didnt have the severe tickle and cough today but it came on later this pm and i lost it when reading a sstory to the kids at work (teacher) i had a huge coughing fit, eyes watering thraot hurting...you name it ........oh well pick myself up and solider on..............

oh did your green mucus go away by it self??

Last edited by nessie01; 08-03-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Closed Thread