It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

  • Do i have acid reflux?

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 11-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
    BeckyyChann
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Manchester, England
    Posts: 6
    BeckyyChann HB User
    Do i have acid reflux?

    Ive been "ill" now for 9 months, since about february.
    It all started off at around 4am, when my boyfriend was sick. I have a phobia of sickness, so i couldnt sleep after that and i felt really ill myself. I usually feel a bit better within an hour or so. But i was still feeling sick, so i thought maybe we ate something bad. A week or so later im still feeling sick, havent actually been sick yet, but after swallowing it would feel like your about to heave, but i never do.
    About a month later i had test after test. About 3 months in, i found out i had helicobactor Pylori. About a month or 2 after finding out, i had another breathe test to see if i had it, and it came back negative.
    Yet im still feeling the same. Cant eat much, lost lots of weight, cant sleep, very very bad depression and just thinking suicidal thoughts.

    Just about 2 months ago, my doctor said when i had a ph study, it seemed i had acid reflux, but it wasnt that bad to make me as ill as i am.
    So ive been taking all sorts of tablets to help it, and theyre still not working.
    Ive just got a perscription today of Domperidone, which im taking with Lansprozole.
    Now im hoping to god this will work.
    My mum thinks while i had Helicobactor pylori, i was going through severe depression which got me even more ill, and as the H. Pylori went my depression didnt, and thats what may be causing it.
    So im seeing a pychologist in a week or so.

    Im only 16, and this has been a living nitemare.
    I missed my last 5 months of school, my GCSE's, my prom, ive lost my close friendships with my friends, and not being able to get into college.

    My life has basically stopped for 9 months, and ive never been so depressed in my life. I cant move out of the house im that ill. I get scared incase im sick and i just wanna be safe at home.

    Has anyone else ever had these symptons or gone through this?
    It would be nice to talk to someone that has been through the same thing, because im having trouble with coping, and id just like to know.

    For those who read this, thankyou for your time :]
    Becky

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 11-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
    BeckyyChann
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Manchester, England
    Posts: 6
    BeckyyChann HB User
    Re: Do i have acid reflux?

    Still no reply? :[

     
    Old 11-15-2008, 03:38 AM   #3
    gcsjr
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Location: Cleveland
    Posts: 1,236
    gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
    Re: Do i have acid reflux?

    BeckyyChann-

    It sounds like you're dealing with a couple of different things. The H. Pyloi bacteria causes peptic ulcers (not acid reflux) which can cause some of the symptoms you mention (especially the nausea and weight loss), but depression can certainly cause weight loss as well.

    The symptoms of acid reflux are usually a little different. They include heartburn, sore throat, post-nasal drip, and coughing or wheezing.

    If acid reflux is causing some of the stomach issues you're having you should start to see some improvement with the medication you're taking but it may take a couple of weeks for you to notice the improvement (some people start to feel better in a few days - hopefully that will be the case for you).

    Depression can cause all of the other symptoms you mention (Can't eat much, weight loss, can't sleep, suicidal thoughts), so seeing a Psychologist is a really good idea - it's tough to deal with multiple things at once and Depression can make everything else much harder to deal with.

    Hang in there.

     
    Old 11-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
    tanya31
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: corpus christi
    Posts: 27
    tanya31 HB User
    Re: Do i have acid reflux?

    Sorry to hear you are going through all this stuff. I was like that about a year ago. I never went to the doctor, but I knew it was depression. I had alot of things going on in my life at that time. I'm barely feeling alittle better, because depression is pretty bad and takes a long while to get out of it. It seems to me your're just having alot of depression and it is best if you speak to a professional about what is going on in your life so they can help you. Take care of yourself and hang in there. Keep us posted.

     
    Old 11-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #5
    BeckyyChann
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Manchester, England
    Posts: 6
    BeckyyChann HB User
    Re: Do i have acid reflux?

    Thanks for the help you too :]

    My depression seems to be getting more worse and worse by the day, i just need to see a professional quick, because its just getting to hard for me.

    Whenever my boyfriend has to go home, or my mum goes out, i get seriously depression and isolated.
    My mum and boyfriend have been like my carers for the past 9 months, so its hard when theyre not there, i feel frightened and scared.
    I make them feel bad when theyre leaving, even if i dont intend to, i just do anything so i dont have to be alone and scared. Even as im doing so, im driving my boyfriend further away from me because im making him feel bad every time he leaves, im frightened that if i keep acting alot more depressed when he leaves, my boyfriend my even break up with me, which will make me alot more depressed.
    I just wish i could do something that wouldnt make me be afraid of being alone.

    I just hope it all ends soon.

    Ill keep you posted if anything changes :]
    [/SIZE]

     
    Old 11-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
    tanya31
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: corpus christi
    Posts: 27
    tanya31 HB User
    Re: Do i have acid reflux?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeckyyChann View Post
    Thanks for the help you too :]

    My depression seems to be getting more worse and worse by the day, i just need to see a professional quick, because its just getting to hard for me.

    Whenever my boyfriend has to go home, or my mum goes out, i get seriously depression and isolated.
    My mum and boyfriend have been like my carers for the past 9 months, so its hard when theyre not there, i feel frightened and scared.
    I make them feel bad when theyre leaving, even if i dont intend to, i just do anything so i dont have to be alone and scared. Even as im doing so, im driving my boyfriend further away from me because im making him feel bad every time he leaves, im frightened that if i keep acting alot more depressed when he leaves, my boyfriend my even break up with me, which will make me alot more depressed.
    I just wish i could do something that wouldnt make me be afraid of being alone.

    I just hope it all ends soon.

    Ill keep you posted if anything changes :]
    [/SIZE]

     
    Old 11-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #7
    tanya31
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: corpus christi
    Posts: 27
    tanya31 HB User
    Re: Do i have acid reflux?

    I was feeling exactly the way you're feeling. I had to have my parents stay with me for a while. I wouldn't let them go home.. haha.. They would have to take my boys to school for me cuz I didn't want to leave my room. I have a best friend that would go over everyday and try to get me out.(even if it was just to go take a ride down the road.) My poor dog... I would make him stay in my room with me. haha.. He calmed me down alot because I would get alot of anxiety attacks out of nowhere..I don't know why, but having a dog seems kinda relaxing..haha.. Just talk to your boyfriend and maybe just let him know you're going through isues right now but it will pass soon.. Just be patient..My fiance stuck by me.. I know I made him crazy!! haha.. But this will all get better.. Just think positive thoughts and happy thoughts.. I watched alot of the Disney channel.. haha.. That seemed to help.. Are you still having acid problems? That can make it alittle fustrating also.. Well, hope you start to feel better... I'm having a heartburn attack right now!! It sucks!!

     
    Old 11-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #8
    kimberlysweet
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Mckinney, tx. U.S
    Posts: 5
    kimberlysweet HB User
    Re: Do i have acid reflux?

    If it should happen to be acid reflux, which is like having symptoms like hearburn,chest pain, and difficult in swallowing, and acid that travels back from the stomach into the esophagus, I know exactly what will help you, cause my stepfather had this, he had to go to the hospital, he could not breath too good, or sleep. You need to mix 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, and 1 tbsp of honey, and warm water together, and sip on it or drink it all. You will soon see results, my son had woke me up one morning with gas pains in his stomach so bad he couldn't walk, so I gave him this, and he was better in 10 minutes. Boy, did he thank me. Hope this helps for future use.

    Last edited by kimberlysweet; 11-16-2008 at 11:25 PM.

     
    Old 11-17-2008, 04:08 AM   #9
    BeckyyChann
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Manchester, England
    Posts: 6
    BeckyyChann HB User
    Re: Do i have acid reflux?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tanya31 View Post
    I was feeling exactly the way you're feeling. I had to have my parents stay with me for a while. I wouldn't let them go home.. haha.. They would have to take my boys to school for me cuz I didn't want to leave my room. I have a best friend that would go over everyday and try to get me out.(even if it was just to go take a ride down the road.) My poor dog... I would make him stay in my room with me. haha.. He calmed me down alot because I would get alot of anxiety attacks out of nowhere..I don't know why, but having a dog seems kinda relaxing..haha.. Just talk to your boyfriend and maybe just let him know you're going through isues right now but it will pass soon.. Just be patient..My fiance stuck by me.. I know I made him crazy!! haha.. But this will all get better.. Just think positive thoughts and happy thoughts.. I watched alot of the Disney channel.. haha.. That seemed to help.. Are you still having acid problems? That can make it alittle fustrating also.. Well, hope you start to feel better... I'm having a heartburn attack right now!! It sucks!!
    All this time, even when im with someone, i still feel alone. But knowing and talking to epople who have basically been through the same thing really helps. =]
    I watch alot of baby shows like cbeebies, really takes me mind of it haha.
    Hmmm. I've never actually thrown up any acid which is strange, thats why i needed to know if i do have it.
    When i had a PH study, the doctor never said i had acid reflux till a few months after, then he mentioned that my chart was out of place and i have a bit of reflux, but ti shouldnt be making me this ill.
    The most horribal thing, is that i cant even remember what its like to be well again. I cry every single day because i forgot what its like.
    I havent slept in my bed for 9 months, coz i have to sleep downstaires, and i dont even know why, it just makes me feel ill about sleeping in my bed. And when i start to get ill, i have to tie my hair up and put it in a bun, and have a headband so my fringe isnt in the way, im not sure why i do this every time i get ill, but maybe its coz incase im sick it doesnt get in my hair? I hate my sick phobia, it just makes everything a whole lot worse =[

    Im taking my domperidome tablets 2, 3 times a day. Its only been 2 days, and i expected a difference. I just want to get a little bit better =[
    I hate living like this, i want to be a normal teenager like my friends and just got to college. =[

     
    Old 11-17-2008, 04:12 AM   #10
    BeckyyChann
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Manchester, England
    Posts: 6
    BeckyyChann HB User
    Re: Do i have acid reflux?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kimberlysweet View Post
    If it should happen to be acid reflux, which is like having symptoms like hearburn,chest pain, and difficult in swallowing, and acid that travels back from the stomach into the esophagus, I know exactly what will help you, cause my stepfather had this, he had to go to the hospital, he could not breath too good, or sleep. You need to mix 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, and 1 tbsp of honey, and warm water together, and sip on it or drink it all. You will soon see results, my son had woke me up one morning with gas pains in his stomach so bad he couldn't walk, so I gave him this, and he was better in 10 minutes. Boy, did he thank me. Hope this helps for future use.
    Oh, i forgot to mention i get really bad gas pains too =o
    Ill try this out and ill tell you if it helps =]
    First i need to buy the ingredients haha.
    Thankyou

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Some Possible Helps for Acid Reflux gentille57 Acid Reflux / GERD 70 02-06-2011 12:55 AM
    Question for women with acid reflux Hamilton92 Acid Reflux / GERD 3 04-23-2010 02:38 PM
    Acid Reflux & Sinus symptoms - What's cause and what's effect? Digerati Sinus Problems 34 03-02-2010 09:00 PM
    when I wake up I have mucus resting in my throat angus1234 Acid Reflux / GERD 2 06-04-2008 12:33 PM
    H. Pylori in the past yet still have gastritis Crystalgray Acid Reflux / GERD 0 03-25-2008 08:39 AM
    High Acid Foods? jwh1 Acid Reflux / GERD 8 01-31-2008 11:53 PM
    How do you control Non-Acid Reflux? alex12 Acid Reflux / GERD 9 04-30-2007 08:30 AM
    Does acid reflux burn? mariaofcolumbia Acid Reflux / GERD 4 08-31-2006 05:13 PM
    Do I Have a Cold, Flu or What HELP! MacMini Colds & Flu 1 03-22-2006 04:05 AM
    To all people who have had their Gallbladders removed.... LesleyAnne Gallbladder 7 03-12-2005 07:36 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:38 AM.





    2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!