It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Sore Throat For A Month

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
    REPSOLGUY
    (male)

REPSOLGUY HB User
    Sore Throat For A Month

Hello,i Am A 29 Yr Old Non-smoker That Has Has A Sore Throat Now For 1 Month. Went To Doctor A Month Ago And He Said My Esophagus Was Very Red,so He Put Me On Nexium For The Acid. Said I Would Be Better In 7 To 10 Days..well,i Went To My Regular Doctor 3 Weeks In To It And He Said I Had Infection In The Back Of My Throat. So He Put Me On Amoxcillian. My Question Is When You Have A Very Red And Inflamed Esophagus,can It Take This Long For It To Heal And Get To Feeling Better? I Have Been Worried Like Crazy That It Could Be Cancer Or Something. I Have Also Been Eating Just Soups And Mild Foods To Try To Help It. I Have To Say The Soreness Is Not As Bad As It Was When It Started ,but It Still Hurts And Worries Me.. Anyone Have Any Advice Please Let Me Know.. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
    taape
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
    Re: Sore Throat For A Month

Yes, it can take a long time like months. Hopefully the medications help your throat heal.

My throat was really sore and then I figured out that I had both a sinus infection and heart burn. I've been on medication for 3 months now and rarely have any more pain or burning. My problem was caused by taking pain medication that irritates the stomach. I had to stop taking that 3 months ago also.

It is scary having these throat and stomach problems but give it a few months to heal.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
    alex1987
    (male)

alex1987 HB User

omg i just happened to browse this site and i am experiencing these exact symptoms. i have had a sore throat for 3 or 4 weeks now, started as just a run of the mill cold (runny nose for a few days etc) and then turned into really painful blocked sinuses, my ears felt like there was so much pressure in and around them. that passed a week or so ago but now my throat is still a bit sore, not quite as bad but still there. i have a bit of coloured phlegm but not as much as when my sinuses were hurting.

today i have noticed that, whilst my throat feels considerably better, my chest feels a slight burning sensation, like acid reflux or heartburn, which i have not experienced much before in my life.

when i went to the doctors last week he looked down my throat and said it was a bit red and would be the end of a viral infection, and that i should just get plenty of vitamin c and rest and it will eventually go. what exactly is this condition? and should i go back to the doctors?

thanks

Old 12-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
    taape
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

Vitamin C is ascorbic acid which is irritating to the stomach. I'd avoid that. If you think it's heartburn I'd call the doctor back or get some over the counter stomach medication.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
    alex1987
    (male)

alex1987 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by taape View Post
    Vitamin C is ascorbic acid which is irritating to the stomach. I'd avoid that. If you think it's heartburn I'd call the doctor back or get some over the counter stomach medication.
    right ok thanks. the sore throat is also worse when i wake up, which the doctor said was due to maybe breathing through my mouth while i was asleep as my sinuses were a little congested. from what ive read this sounds like postnasal drip?? is there anything i can do to relieve these symptoms?

the heartburn feeling has gone away a lot since earlier on which is good

thank you

Closed Thread