It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Trigger foods

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
    Trigger foods

Are any of you figuring out the moment you eat a food that triggers your acid reflux or allergies. I went a lifetime without figuring that out until now. And since I changed my diet for a month and was real good and felt good again I can tell the minute something doesn't agree with me. I just treated myself to a brownie....not long after the mucus was going and I had a tickle cough. Good grief! Is this what it is always like when you eat a wrong item? My throat feels a little tight too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
    IamNancy
    (female)

IamNancy HB User
    Re: Trigger foods

I know if I eat anything with onions or pineapple I'll start feeling the pain

Old 01-31-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
    tarapages
    (female)

tarapages HB User

I've looked on the internet, because I found that whenever I ate anything, it would flare up. Basically, I was down to bread and water for a while, pretty pathetic I know. But over time, I've discovered things that I can eat, prescriptions I can take, natural supplements like Orovo, which has lactobacillus acidophilus, which really helps to calm my stomach. Basically, I try to stay away from fatty foods, foods with too much gas like uncooked broccoli, etc. But citrus fruits and stuff like that I just haven't been able to stay away from. So I supplement to try to offset the difference.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Thanks for responding! I think my triggers are chocolate, greasy food, like the buttery breadsticks from fazolli's I love those! , tomato sauces and a few other odds and ends. The more I eat apples, lean meat, waters and breads I seem to feel better.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
    MountainReader
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

High fat and greasy foods can cause problems. Also "spicy" foods like garlic, onions, peppers, etc... Also tomato products and citrus. I also avoid all chocolate, carbonation and caffeine products. Wine is a major trigger for me. Last time I had 1/2 glass of wine, I had reflux for 3 days.

Unfortunately because of other digestive issues, I have to avoid all raw fruits and veggies.

I end up having to avoid all my favorite foods. I also have trouble eating a regular balanced diet.

For several years, I have pretty much stuck to drinking soy milk and water. I occassionally have some white grape or white cranberry juice.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
    shelovescliche
    (female)

shelovescliche HB User

There are so many things that set off GERD for me. I don't know if this is true for everyone, but every fruit, aside from bananas, will set it off to some extent. Citrus fruits are obviously the worst, but if my GERD is flaring I can't even go near cantaloupe :[.

Soda definitely triggers it, and I don't drink it anymore. I do, however, drink coffee. Hazard of being a college student.

Closed Thread