It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Anyone get burning between shoulder blades with Acid Reflux?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
cfoxj
(female)

cfoxj HB User
Anyone get burning between shoulder blades with Acid Reflux?

Has anyone ever had burning or aching in the upper back between the shoulder blades with acid reflux? I have had heartburn almost daily for a long time until I started drinking mangosteen juice about a week and a half ago. Mangosteen has helped with the heartburn, but, I still have the burning between the shoulder blades. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Does anyone think a chiropractor would help? Your help is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
painter207
(female)

painter207 HB User
Re: Anyone get burning between shoulder blades with Acid Reflux?

yes, I had the same thing before I was diagnosed with AR. Couldn't figure out why I had upper back aches between the shoulder blades. It's all tied together because when the meds took away all the mucos and thickness in the throat the ache disappeared. Do everyhting acid free. (diet) and PPI's should take care of it. Haven't had it since. Good luck! It will get better.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
cfoxj
(female)

cfoxj HB User

Thanks for your help and thoughts! I do not have any prescription PPI's. I am only drinking mangosteen juice. Did you take prescription or over the counter?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
painter207
(female)

painter207 HB User

My ENT went right to Nexium. He said it's the best healer.After two weeks I could tell everything was geting better except my burning throat. After taking 2 Nexium a day the throat was healed. Hallauya...what a ride.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
cfoxj
(female)

cfoxj HB User

Did you have to have a endoscopy to get a prescription for Nexium? I do not want to have an endoscopy done. I am terrified of it. Can I ask what other symptoms you had with your acid reflux? Did you get any muscle spasms in your back? Chest pain? Belching? Just overall feeling bad? Thanks for your info. It really helps to hear what someone else might have experienced.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
painter207
(female)

painter207 HB User

I did not have an endoscopy. My ENT put a light down my nose and looked all the way to my vocal cords. They numb your throat so it wasn't bad.
A few years ago my gastro did an endosopy and it was done in the hospital and I was out cold. Piece of cake. You wake up when it's over.
I had in the back and a tight feeling in the chest. All from mucos and food coming up to my throat. There was always a lot of bubbling going on. I'd wake upduring th night coughing and I'd have coughing spells during the day.
Didn't know what any of it was from till my ENT told me it ws from acid reflux.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
cfoxj
(female)

cfoxj HB User

Thanks for sharing. I also have a discomfort, pain or tooth ache kind of feeling at my right shoulder blade in my back, sometimes it can penetrate through to the chest as well. I can pin point it. It is not gallbladder as I have had that tested. Did you experience anything like that with your acid reflux? Thanks again for sharing. It helps!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #8
painter207
(female)

painter207 HB User

Yes, off and on I did have feelings like that. I;ve been feeling pretty good lately and then today all of a sudden I got very bad heartburn which I usually never got. All I had for lunch was yogurt, sugar snap peas and dip and grapes. I can't figure out that any of this would cause it.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
diannemc
(female)

diannemc HB User

I went to doctor Monday with acid reflux that just can on after taking hormones( a progestrone) he put me on zeigred it upset my stomach first day but stopped the reflux..my stomach still hurts so he toke me off and gave me pantoprazole 40mg said to wait a day or two to start..my reflux was back today...I am scared of all these pills!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #10
abbydabbydew
(female)

abbydabbydew HB User

I have not had pain between my shoulder blades, but I've read that this can be both a symptom of GERD as well as gallbladder problems. In my case I have had quite a bit of arthritis-type pain in the past month - in my shoulder (left) and also my hips. I hope this is not a side effect of the Prilosec, but I suppose it could be either that or just more symptoms of the LPR (which has given me quite a bit of chest pain). OR, it could just be that I'm getting old. That's the problem with getting old - who knows what's "normal" pain and what's not?

Closed Thread