It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Bronchitis and acid reflux

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
    Graves54
    (female)

Graves54 HB User
    Question Bronchitis and acid reflux

My husband has a hiatul(spelling) hernia. He has had it for awhile and causes acid reflux. He has been taking 1 pill a day of Prilosec OTC which contains 20mg I think. He was doing well on it.

Lately he has been coughing more and getting bronchitis very easily. I told him that maybe he needs to take more Prilosec, and his hernia might be getting worse.

Can undertreated acid reflux cause bronchitis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
    gillyrosh
    (female)

gillyrosh HB User
    Re: Bronchitis and acid reflux

I had my own inquiries on this subject. I'm becoming convinced that my reflux began shortly after I received treatment for a bad case of bronchitis 2 years ago. My GP at the time put me on a 7-day antibiotic treatment and the bronchitis went away, though I had a cough stick with me for a few weeks afterward.

Four months after the bronchitis went away the reflux started (though at the time, I didn't know that's what it was). It continued (untreated) on and off for the next 2 years before becoming worse this year.

I'm thinking there might be some relation between the 2 ailments.

I hope your husband feels better soon.

Closed Thread