It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• nexium and anxiety...where to now?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
    marigoldgirl81
    (female)

marigoldgirl81 HB Usermarigoldgirl81 HB User
    nexium and anxiety...where to now?

ok, so nexium has actually been slowly bringing me *some* relief, better than prilosec's ending BUT i've had increasing dizziness and anxiety. Given i am prone to anxiety but i have developed lots of coping skills, this is like unbearable anxiety. It has come on very suddenly. At first i thought it could not be this but my anxiety is day/night difference before nexium??? I think i've been in denial.

really trying not to lose hope here, suddenly driving and work have been next to impossible. Should i go to another one? which one? kinda getting frustrated with drs and their opinions AND my sensitive body. But i'm all i got, trying to find relief, i've been super dizzy ever since i began this, any suggestions? I did call my ent dr and leave a message that i'm having mega anxiety out of the blue since the week i began this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
    marigoldgirl81
    (female)

marigoldgirl81 HB Usermarigoldgirl81 HB User
    Re: nexium and anxiety...where to now?

so, the dr didn't return to the office after surgery today (ent) and now its too late to call the GI dr, so the pharmacy told me to stop the med immediately based on (in order of appearance) dizziness, anxiety and jaw pain....so i am thinking i will go back to prilosec tomorrow morning or try prevacid, i need something to help control the acid but it truly seems i am having side effects from the nexium.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

You opened my eyes to this.

I had no idea of the Nexium side effects that i looked into. I knew there were side effects, but wow, i did not realize some that were listed.

Good for you calling the Pharmacy. If this were me and having what you are describing as side effects, i would stop the nexium and talk to doc again.

This unbearable anxiety came after taking the Nexium ?

Gosh. i'm so sorry to hear all of this, i know you've been struggling so much, darn. I myself am now concerned of the Nexium with the arthritic side effects i learned about after reading your post i searched. I have horrible arthritis and definately don't need nexium to contribute to more pain.

I wonder what your doc will do next for you? Keep posting here, i'm curious as to what is next. I feel so sorry you are going thru this.
    Be Well
    BeHappy2

Old 02-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Just thought of one more thing here with Nexium
    My doc explained to me Nexium should not be taken at same time of any other meds. Any other meds should be an hour after the nexium.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:42 AM   #5
    Aguy44
    (male)

Aguy44 HB User

Forget about Nexium. I have a foolproof -and proven - advice to eliminate acid reflux.
    Just hit the back button, and look at the thread preceding this one under my name "Straightguy."

Closed Thread