It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Itchy Head/Face. Prevacid or Reflux

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
    wscott67us
    (male)

wscott67us HB User
    Itchy Head/Face. Prevacid or Reflux

Was diagnosed with relux about a month ago. Prescribed Prevacid and I have been having dull headaches/itching head and face ever since. It is random and sometimes happens 3-4 times a day. Tylenol or benadryl allergy medicines helps for about 4 hours. I sleep real good and it seems to start mid-morning and is usually gone by mid-evening. Has anybody had these same symptoms? It does seem to be getting better as now the headache/itching only happens once a day now around 3 in the afternoon. I am hoping it is the Prevacid and my body is slowly getting used to it. Or my other option is to switch reflux medicine. Any help would be much appreciated. I understand the things people have to go through with relux and it can be depressing sometimes but I try to think positive and hope for the best. The reason it gets me down is that I have been really healthy up to this point and I am only 46. Thanks for listening.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
    wscott67us
    (male)

wscott67us HB User
    Re: Itchy Head/Face. Prevacid or Reflux

Forgot to add that the headaches feel like tension headaches (Like wearing a headband) and eyes hurt.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
    Ambra75
    (female)

Ambra75 HB User

Hi, you should switch medicines. You can have more information on your medicine side effects on askapatient site. I have had a reflux flare up for 6 months now and still not under control because of the various side effects the antireflux medicines caused me.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
    wscott67us
    (male)

wscott67us HB User

Thanks Ambra,
    I plan on stopping Prevacid tomorrow after reading similar side effects on askapatient site. I will post later to let you know how it went. Any suggestions on reflux medicine. I started on Prilosec and didn't have any problems. Thanks.....

Closed Thread