It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Question for women with acid reflux

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
    Hamilton92
    Veteran
    (female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
    Question for women with acid reflux

Does your acid reflux and heartburn get worse and more aggivating right before and during your monthly cycle?
    I have noticed over the last few months that a day or two before my cycle starts my heartburn gets worse. I get a really bad burning, gnawing pain in my stomach, usually around my belly button area is the worst.
    During my period it is also pretty bad. Everything I eat and drink doens't taste right, I can feel this nasty, bitter taste in the back of my throat the whole time I'm eating and nothing I eat tastes good.
    I have heartburn throughout the month but why is it always worse come that time of the month?
    Any one else have this problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
    Aryana70
    (female)

Aryana70 HB User
    Re: Question for women with acid reflux

I was advised by my GI that the progesterone increases during the monthly cycle and this in turn loosens muscles and can lead to more reflux, or worsening of your condition.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #3
    farblefumble
    (female)

farblefumble HB User
    Re: Question for women with acid reflux

Every month my acid flares up when I'm about to start. Also my IBS gets worse. At least it lets me know when it's coming. If it gets really bad talk to your doctor/GYN and see if they have any suggestions.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
    titchno1
    (female)

titchno1 HB User
    Talking do any reflux patients get heart palpitations at the same time as gas in stomach

I have had heart palpitations for over twenty years and the doctors have not been able to find the cause , Lately My family doctor suspected adid reflux , which was confirmed by tests , I have been getting more heart problems and they make me very tired , Any women or even men have the same problem and what have they done to help Help anita at [email protected]

Closed Thread