It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Jaw pain and chronic chest pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
    Lily Mae
    (female)

Lily Mae HB User
    Jaw pain and chronic chest pain

Please can soemone help me. I have suffered from TMj and acid reflux for a few years. Recently it has got a lot worse. I have terrrible jaw pain and ear pain and also chest pain at the same time that makes me feel like i am having a heart attack. I am trying to hold down a job as an administrator but feel constantly dizzy and exhausted. I currently have what feels like bad indigestion and day to day life is just a misery. I am taking 40g of omeprazole a day. Please can anyone help ? I have 2 active boys and just want to feel well for them instead of being miserable all the time and scared I have something seriously wrong with me. I have had an endoscopy and blood tests and all came back normal. I have been to A & E twice as I really thought I was having a heart attack! Is anyone else suffering with the same thing?

The Following User Says Thank You to Lily Mae For This Useful Post:
    raggie1637 (06-11-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
    brebre
    Inactive
    (female)

brebre HB User
    Re: Jaw pain and chronic chest pain

I have had all of those symptoms and more. I have had GERD now for about 12 years and I am still waiting on this big heart attack that I think is going to happen!
    I had a really bad attack today with chest pain, nausea, left arm numbness.
    I have literally had over 15,000 dollars worth of heart tests done-no problems.
    The ER people think I belong in a psych ward.
    These symptoms are real and scary. I have a 6 year old daughter and I am afraid. Then I get anxiety attacks and it gets really worse.
    Now my ear is itching deep inside like crazy.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
    Lily Mae
    (female)

Lily Mae HB User
    Re: Jaw pain and chronic chest pain

Hello thank you so much for your reply it does help to talk to someone going through similar symptoms. Yesterday I saw a Maxillo facial consulatant which I have waited for for weeks. I have terrible jaw pain and head pain so severe with constant dizziness. I work for a fianacial adviser and really dont think I can keep my job anymore I just can't concebtrate. I now have numbness in my hands and chest and stomach pain on a daily basis. The consultant dismissed my chest and stomach pains and told me to continue doing my jaw exercises and wearing my splint at night , which I do. Came out crying and feeling helpless. Due to go on family holiday to majorca next week and I don't think I can go as I feel so ill.
    I just want to be well and happy and not feel sorry for myself. Anyone else going through the same thing that can shine a little light

Closed Thread