It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Had my endoscopy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Had my endoscopy

Just a few hours ago, and my research-fu is failing me. Might be the good drugs.

So he found polyps, I forget if he said there were two or three but I know he said they were small. (I was barely conscious while he was explaining this, and when I woke up all the way he was elsewhere and I just had the written notes.) He also said there might be Somebody's Gland hyperplasia, I thought he said Bruno's but, having looked it up, Brunner's is the only one that makes sense.

He removed one from my duodenum and one from my stomach and sent them to the lab. I'm supposed to see him in 4 weeks for the results. These polyps can after many years turn to cancer, but they're gone now, so that ain't going to happen.

I do have a history of H. Pylori infection, it was diagnosed 4 years ago but never treated due to my multiple antibiotic allergies. I also used PPI for several years, though I've since quit. Apparently, both are associated with stomach polyps, though they aren't common. I'm 29 years old.

My symptoms are burning pain in the upper left abdomen, heartburn, sore throat, nausea, and acid taste in mouth. Many medications make these symptoms worse, including my asthma medicines.

Here's my current question, though I'm not sure anyone here knows. Might the removal of these polyps improve the condition of my stomach? Anyone have anything else to add?

Just another day in the Jane Zone.

Last edited by janewhite1; 08-05-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: Had my endoscopy

Biopsy results are normal. (No surprise, but Thank God.) Doctor also claims I have no H. Pylori (good) and no more hiatial hernia (weird).

All he found was gastritis. So, no one thinks it's strange that a woman in her 20s who avoids all aggravating substances has erosive gastritis for years? No one at all?

Then again, he doesn't believe in acid rebound effect, so I'm not sure why I bother. When I told him about the journal article, he invited me to send it to him, which I will.

Really, I'm starting to think doctors should get Continuing Medical Education credits for seeing me. Half the time I know more about my condition than they do.

Well, I've managed to find asthma meds that are safer for the tummy, so maybe now the tummy situation will improve.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
    hali
    (female)

hali HB User

I have had gastritis since I was 13 years old. Symptoms come and go depending on what I eat, stress. We have a family history of everyone having some type of stomach problem in my family.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi, Janewhite, Good to hear all went well with your Endoscopy.
    Strange how the Hiatal Hernia disappeared, (Hope mine goes the same way).
    When you say you have pain in your upper left side that's where I get lots of pain like trapped wind. I have Diverticulitis and always thought it was that, now I'm beginning to wonder. I have Ar/GERD after H.Pylori treatment 2.5 yrs ago.
    Were you tested for H.Pylori this time. All the best, Solofelix.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
    Just a few hours ago, and my research-fu is failing me. Might be the good drugs.

So he found polyps, I forget if he said there were two or three but I know he said they were small. (I was barely conscious while he was explaining this, and when I woke up all the way he was elsewhere and I just had the written notes.) He also said there might be Somebody's Gland hyperplasia, I thought he said Bruno's but, having looked it up, Brunner's is the only one that makes sense.

He removed one from my duodenum and one from my stomach and sent them to the lab. I'm supposed to see him in 4 weeks for the results. These polyps can after many years turn to cancer, but they're gone now, so that ain't going to happen.

I do have a history of H. Pylori infection, it was diagnosed 4 years ago but never treated due to my multiple antibiotic allergies. I also used PPI for several years, though I've since quit. Apparently, both are associated with stomach polyps, though they aren't common. I'm 29 years old.

My symptoms are burning pain in the upper left abdomen, heartburn, sore throat, nausea, and acid taste in mouth. Many medications make these symptoms worse, including my asthma medicines.

Here's my current question, though I'm not sure anyone here knows. Might the removal of these polyps improve the condition of my stomach? Anyone have anything else to add?

Just another day in the Jane Zone.
    ________________________________________ _______
    Hi, Can I ask what Asthma Inhalers do you use. Im Asthmatic over 30 yrs and never thought they might effect my AR/GERD.
    I use SERETIDE and VENTOLIN . The SERETIDE is so good, I no longer need the VENTOLIN (Its Just for emergency).
    Solofelix.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Man, I posted this a long time ago!

Seretide contains Serevent, which means it can worsen reflux. Many people are fine with it, but I wasn't.

Currently I take Flovent, which is fluticasone, only one of the ingredients in Seretide. It does not worsen my stomach. The asthma control isn't quite as good, but most of the time it's close enough.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
    Coling21
    (male)

Coling21 HB User
    I'm sorry just posted this here to c if any1has anwsers

Hello I'm a 21 year old man have had no health problems other than astma but this last load of months I've been haveing anxiety out of the blue . But I've been haveing weird syptoms lately sometimes my stool comes out quite thin not pencil thin but quite thin I had a change in bowel movements my poo has been every colour going and I've been haveing loose stools aswell then I noticed I had blood in my stool sometimes not all the time and once when I wiped there was blood on the tissue but that hasn't happened from that I also have slight pain in my rectom sometimes I went to the soca got an rectum exam by finger she said seems normal to me . Had bloods done no anema White cells more than fine I've had slight adbominal pain but in different places and it's not aching it's just slight I'm wording myself sick is there anything not serious this could be my anxiety is getting worse at this point . To mention aswell I've had like fleshy bits in my poo like pinky orange in colour can any 1 give me any info on what this could be

Old 07-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Re: I'm sorry just posted this here to c if any1has anwsers

Did your DR recommend a Colonoscopy. Any change in Bowel Movements should be investigated. It could just be a Hemorrhoid but there are other things it could be.
    After a Colonoscopy I was found to have Diverticulitis. I had either Diarrhea or Constipation, my stools were thin and I had pains in my stomach (no blood). IBS can cause symptoms similar to yours but I think yours should be looked at again if you see any more blood. All the best, Solofelix.

Closed Thread