It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• A last point of view for the time being: LPR being recently revised as red herring

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
    Seeking Sunrise
    (male)

Seeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB User
    A last point of view for the time being: LPR being recently revised as red herring

I see I've been posting a little bit too much these days, so I apologize if you see my name a few too many times and start to wonder why. I just have LPR on the mind these days, my "classic" LPR symptoms (all 15 of them) having appeared suddenly, side by side in their well-known side by side dance, less than 2 months ago.

Right away, the diagnosis of reflux stank to me. It was so wrong on so many levels, and it drove me to the pits of despair to think, with my limited knowledge of anatomy, how such a thing was possible. Why is it that in the last 20 years, LPR was used to explain every single refractory unexplainable throat symptom? Then, as it was increasingly proven that LPR diagnosis and treatment was unreliable in double blind studies, using at times healthy patients, and at other times placebos rather than ppis, it became clear that the "LPR" experts weren't really experts at all.

A few points come to mind: the last few years of studies have shown that ppis don't help with LPR throat related symptoms. But if you happen to be someone for whom they did work, it's a bit like someone telling me that "full moons don't give you insomnia or cause people to act weird." I happen to feel like an insomniac during a full moon, no matter what the studies say. So I acknowledge there are those who have apparently by experience felt that ppis have helped them.

But here are a couple things more I want to show you all, because I'm really convinced that LPR is, at most, an aggravating factor in more serious throat problems. For instance, chronic chough that persisted for 20 years, and was relieved by elavil. Yes, it was a small pill that brought about the solution to a 20 year problem for some people. That's the power nerves have on the throat. I think we have to take nerves a lot more seriously when looking at our condition. I know a lot of doctors in the ENT business believe in LPR. Guess what, doctors used to bleed out sick patients for hundreds of years. Doctors mortally wounded James I of England, by accident. Michael Jackson was a rich guy, but his doctor accidentally killed him. That's a doctor. Personally, two years ago my doctor put my cast on incorrectly, and I had to have surgery a month later. That's doctors for ya!

So now that we've explained why doctors accept the idea of LPR as reflux in all unexplainable situations, I want to present two more important medical articles written in recent years, and then I'll try to stop filling these boards with my viewpoint, and just let people think for themselves for a while..

There is an article from October 2008 (recent) called Larygopharyngeal Reflux: concepts and controversies. It basically calls into question all the sure fire ways of diagnosing LPR, and even hints that doctors are sort of baulking (finally) at the overdiagnosis of it.

More importantly, is this one in a very important medical source, which happened to come out after I got my own case of "LPR". October 28, 2010, it appeared, and I think you all need to read it very closely and start entertaining other possibilities besides reflux to explain your throat problems. It's called "Back to the Diagnosis of Silent GERD." by David A. Johnson MD.

Think about it. The potential to make money from "LPR" is huge. We throw ourselves at surgery like moths to a flame, and how many get relief. You don't see many on these message boards, and the three I found, all had long-term accompanying GERD issues, which seem to have preceeded any throat issues. Also, remember that the throat symptoms of LPR are a pretty big list. Isn't it weird that the list of possible LPR symptoms is so big? And why do the symptoms variate if its really reflux "injuries"? Shouldn't the symptoms be consistent then? Variating symptoms make more sense if it's related to a nervous system problem, though...

So I'm just saying, we are the ones suffering. We can feel this in our throats. We need to think more critically about what's going on. The ENT doctors normally peer in the throat and say "that's strep, take this." And the job's done. They get their money. If it's a complex problem, and one with poorly understood mechanisms..... Not as fun to work with such patients. So I think we all have to be our own advocates, and listen to our own bodies, and when our bodies say "the ppis aren't quite solving this, are they?" We need to listen to that, and revise where we think the problem is coming from.

Of course, I could be wrong. I could also be right. Listen to your own body, your own common sense, and don't let the good doctors bleed you too badly. Maybe they should use snakes like they did back in the 1800s to treat us...

Last edited by Seeking Sunrise; 11-28-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
    hellothere96
    (female)

hellothere96 HB User
    Re: A last point of view for the time being: LPR being recently revised as red herri

Hi there,
    just read this. I'm a new comer so I really read your message with a lot of thought. I happened on another message which mentioned an ENT person selling her own message about LPR and GERD some of it compelling - but who knows!! People selling new books make one a bit nervous since everyone has THE CURE.

I have had so many different problems over the last 5 years - starting with a diagnosis of GERD (yup here's some NExium which made me feel sick, but can't remember why). Now 5 years later, it's all acccumulated into a horrible burning mouth, tongue, huge throat globus, can't eat. Depression anxiety from it all,,,oh boy sorry to lay this out. But at some point you're just looking for that one brilliant person whose seen so much of this that they just might be able to help.
    So, yes I'm my own advocate - but can't figure out what to eat. If it's LPR? or NOT? Maybe you're right. Maybe just all related to a nervous system thing.
    In the meantime I'm feeling so defeated.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: hellothere96
    garlicgal (02-01-2012),JudeNZ (12-11-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to hellothere96 For This Useful Post:
    idas (03-03-2012)
    Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
    Seeking Sunrise
    (male)

Seeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB User
    Re: A last point of view for the time being: LPR being recently revised as red herri

I think you've got to get those articles I mentioned in other emails.

Sensory Neuropathy and Pharmacologic Management

and ENT Today's "Pregabalin shows promise in the treatment of laryngeal sensory neuropathy."

To your next meeting with a doctor, and you have to try it out, and if it works, you have to post on these boards (or if it doesn't) so that other people can see if that alternative might work for them.

Especially, your burning tongue HAS TO BE neurological. Think about it. How could that be anything other than nerves going crazy. Hawkins, who added to one my threads said she was given neurontin for a burning tongue, and her LPR coincidentally improved. However, she had surgery at the same time, which makes it, like everything to do with LPR/LSN, a big mystery.

But! I think you have to try that method. Even if you have real LPR, it's treatments are completely worthless anyway, so you might as well try experimenting with other things.

Don't believe me? Read "Laryngopharyngeal Reflux: an unmet medical need" which came out in 2010 in one of the major throat journals. Notice 2010 = recent. As in, just recently they are starting to gleen that the mechanism of this disease, as its been imagined for the last couple decades, is complete nonsense.

Burning mouth = doctor should be giving you nerve drugs

Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
    BrienE
    (male)

BrienE HB UserBrienE HB UserBrienE HB UserBrienE HB User

Hello Seeking Sunrise, I hope you are still doing much better and taking your own course. I am also dissapointed with and suspicious of what is offered in the medical world for 'this,' which could be a constellation of things that some experience and some don't, that don't simply fit the story of reflux and attendant whys and wherefores that make it LPR and not GERD. And patient reporting is a factor. I think of all the times I used to chain smoke and spit, take another sip of whiskey and rinse, repeat, on my back deck... even as the "LPR" began (and the globus did not start until a week into taking Prevacid!), I found a lot of relief.... days of relief getting the spiciest vindaloo I could find, the burning slide down my gullet was heaven. No prob! Still do occasionally but not right now, it's a sensitive time. It's as if I have to time the next drink of water, question, 'is today the day I'm experimenting with bitters before and during meals?' no this no that..... etc etc.. off Nexium again and would rather feel properly nourished and other chemistry not so messed with AND have to wrassle this other ways.

But anyway, I have been for the past few days putting in a lot of time with the 'don't clear my throat' thing. I tell myself I THINK I feel a *little* something in there, but naww it aint much. I'll recite a poem or talk to myself, happy to hear my voice is not really that froggy. I swallow, I do everythig I can to not compress my epiglottis down, I guess like sticking a pot lid on then turning the heart up high for maximum pressure hack.

One idea I read somewhere is that it becomes a tic and tics can create their own worlds that give them, right on time, what they are looking for, the little junkies. Meaning phlegm -- from hacking and horking. and the surfaces get irritated and the otherwise ok protected tissue gets into a debt place and has become a project.

Just a thought and also one that taps into what happens with nerves wrapped all around the area too. Maybe most people avoid some kind of trama that often kicks this off for us (for me it was paroxisms hugging the toilet one night after eating some bad turkey burger -- that kind of gurgling, pressure, hacking, swallowing whith a moment's break.... so yeah some places in my throat got a bit of an acid wash, a barf etching. Three days later I was having coughing fits -- those were the irritated vocal folds. That was over with pretty soon.... after a week I was fine again, but I knew that eating was not going to be as free and easy at it had been, I just had a feelikng.

And sure enough a week later I was kind gagging a little at times when I was eating, and I (key point) wasn't sure if what had gone down had any bearing in the matter. Was it more like some overal trauma to the whole shooting match? And with that possibly some irritation in throat from throwing up? But I was quickly to the health food store to get lotsa supps for digestion.... I stopped eating wheat, lost weight, stopped farting so much, started eating better in general, and the gaggy thing more or less went away.

The I took Prevacid and got globus!!!! THE END

Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #5
    kevinla
    Veteran
    (male)

kevinla HB Userkevinla HB User

Calling throat problems "silent reflux" is too easy.

90% of doctors are either lazy, incompetent, or don't really care.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #6
    Seeking Sunrise
    (male)

Hi Brienne and Kevinla,

Just today (I'm not proud of this) I ate a filet o fish and a cheaper mcdonalds burger. Tonight I ate wings and a couple beers. I should not be proud of that, but I mention it only as a way of confirming my so called LPR reflux was not affected at all by it.

When my "reflux" was the worst was a year ago. I was eating salad and taking the cheese out of it. The globus would explode. I agree it's a tick, that gets worse the more your own behaviour reinforces the problem. It begins with vagal nerve irritation. For instance, Brienne, you puked all night and then had coughing fits. All of that puts intense pressure or damage on the throat region, and then when the main problem went away, you were left with the nerve irritation that spiraled into bigger problems. That was what happened to me. And that makes a hell of a lot more sense than imagining you have "special" reflux which somehow goes undetected from the stomach past the UES and 2 airisol drops of acid somehow create an "injury", which though invisible, preoccupies your whole life. This injury can only be healed by eating yogurt and rye bread 5 times a day and taking triple the amount of nexium that a severe gerd patient would take for 6 MONTHS. Yes, that's right. If you don't take it every 9 hours for 6 months straight, don't expect to see results.

I was utterly mortified when I got this. When I read about LPR, I went into despair last year. The reason was because I thought this sounded like the biggest bunch of folk wisdom, hysteria (sorry for using that term), and professional incompetence all meeting in an unholy alliance. And even if LPR were real, which some say it is, it's treatments amount to an UTTER ZERO.

So in short, eat whatever you want, and that might help you out. I got much better. Lyrica did help. I took it for 2 or 3 rough months, and things just steadily got better. By May or so, I was actually thinking it had all just been a long, bad dream. A huge part of getting better was not trying to create any lifestyle (healthy eating, ppis, raised bed) which just felt wrong anyway. When you do that, despite your gut feeling that this is utter horse @#$#, that's when you've really lost hope. Lyrica, again, did help me through those early months, especially with fixing the tics like throat clearing, which indeed, do create real physical things like mucus. So I would recommend big doses of it (300 mg a day) if it agrees with you. I laughed at stuff again when I was on it, and when I ran out, that was it. I didn't feel the need to buy more. It was not a miracle drug by any stretch, but it helped me get where I am today health-wise, I suspect. I still have that odd sensation in my left larynx though, and I know it will always be there, however minor. But I got 90% back, which was more than I expected.

Beware of throat damage. That's all I can tell people. Sometimes it becomes a freaky nerve thing nobody has ever heard of, and then your doctor will just throw you down a pharmaceutical rabbit hole rather than admit he has no idea. When you get "LPR", you will get to know it better than 99 out of a hundred doctors. I think you can agree with that.

Anyway, I'm glad that you guys are skeptical. Because definitely the reflux makes no sense in the majority of these cases. It's funny to see how people rationalize it though. "Man, I take quadruple doses of nexium for 7 months, sleep strapped to the wall, only drink water and eat kale, and yet, I'm still clearing my throat. I guess I just have to crank my sleeping aparatus up higher and try some apple cider vinegar. This reflux is really weird." Etc...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seeking Sunrise For This Useful Post:
    Baffled62 (12-07-2011),BrienE (12-08-2011),garlicgal (02-01-2012)
    Old 12-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #7
    kevinla
    Veteran
    (male)

kevinla HB Userkevinla HB User

I am sure there were a lot of misdiagnosed conditions in world history.

LPR is ours.

What I can't grasp is, my throat problems started one night that two significant events occurred. Either could be the cause.

I was drinking scotch for the first time in a long time.

I kissed a woman who looked like a filthy crack prostitute (don't ask).

Either I got some type of virus from the woman or the scotch burned my throat. It actually always had in the past, but never had any lingering throat issues from it.

I was thinking about trying Gaviscon Advance from England, but if I don't have stomach issues, then I am not sure what good that would do.

During an endoscopy a few years ago, the doctor said about my stomach" duodenal lining appeared grossly normal". I do not know if that means there is no reflux damage.

It makes sense that if there is no damage to my duodenal lining, I do not have reflux.

I am nervous about trying medication, but might not have a choice

Last edited by kevinla; 12-06-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
    BrienE
    (male)

Thanks for the feisty comments this evening Seeking Sunrise. I am on board with this being something not to shrug off, even if the explanations don't add up, and I have to be creative and dilligent. Dinner tonight was steamed mussels in a sharp broth, white clam chowder, veges, a half twice baked potato. I don't think I fared any worse than had I chewed cooked carrots and turkey to Gerber baby food viscosity and took the slow and steady swallows I've been taking these past few days. Your story of picking cheese of salads resonates with me, it does seem as if the more daily stuff I do to baby along my throat and upper gi the more on edge all those areas are.

Have just started seeing an acupuncturist for over all calming down, he spoke about Liver/Spleen -- I had already written to him paring down my story to what I wrote before, I threw up really hard and it left an effect on my throat, and I'll mention it again to him.

So you went for the pregabalin, here at the health service in Atl I use (because I am qualifiably poor American) I could ask for that or gabapentin, from research pregabalin is stronger.

I think the approach will probably include experimenting with this, and a lot of other stuff including the acupuncture. Also my treasury of therapies I think of daily -- 'slushy therapy' occured to me today. I am also not averse to getting in to see an ENT at Grady who can make sure there aren't any scratched up areas in my throat, and even if it takes a few weeks get a swallowing visual.

The one thing that is touted as the (and interesting that it is always so forcefully put) "only" management to the accepted model of LPR gives me the creeps, and does not work anyway -- to make my stomach stop making HCL does not add up and at 50 yrs that seems especially not a good idea, if it is true that people gradually make less and less. My symptoms don't change but on top of that I feel certainly more 'unwell.'

I guess that people have everyday reflux into their throat, I think I used to and kind of remember how it felt as not much. All best, happy wings and beers -- Brien

Old 12-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
    BrienE
    (male)

kevinla, very best of luck working your way around/through this the best way you can find. It looks as if you really want to minimize medications and find your own path and I hope it works, and you will share what happened.

I think the LPR sensations themselves can change the way digestion works; it is 'upsetting,' 'nauseating,' etc to feel any of them. Perhaps differences in temperaments explain the amazing placebo effect in studies of PPIs -- the folks that are more likely to accept, 'this stuff will take care of me and I won't worry any more,' believe the whole theory but more importantly, their 'second brain' enteric systems believe it.

Now -- are their stomachs making less HCL, are their LESs spasming less, what is going on?

I am interested in acupuncture even though I don't understand my guy's map of it (Liver/Spleen deficiency), but to me it's nervous system/enteric calming, or maybe even 'tuning up,' re-energizing.

The problem I see with DIY on the other hand, as opposed to shrugging it off with, 'aww heck I'm such-and-such age, gimmee a pill and let's slog onward...' is that health can become far too fascinating a hobby and hyper vigilance, overmonitoring can amplify ANYTHING.

I think most of feel that there is a physical site of irritation and a mechanism for continued irritation, and we are trying to go from there.

The standard song and dance is way simple. Surgery is said to be a last option for those who don't respond to acid suppresion. Personally I have found not one positive story after nissan/esophx/stretta for LPR. And read many from folks who felt they developed LPR AFTER surgery for GERD. Many write that they developed LPR AFTER taking PPIs. I first felt mine after taking Prevacid for a week and a half.

It's a tough call but I think that creativity and patience are very important if one is not going to do the standard things. And on one hand, it's a hobby and on the other, it has to be moderated so that it remains means-to-an-end and doesn't get out of hand. That is so very easy to say! All best -- Brien

Old 12-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
    JudeNZ
    (female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User

This all makes for fascinating reading. Back in 2004 after taking some pretty tough antibiotics (tetracycline family) for a badly infected throat, (and a lot of coughing), I was diagnosed with Silent Reflux LPR.

The Dr put me onto Losec and after 2 and a half weeks it was marvellous - all gone. By 3 and a half weeks it was worse than ever. It was then I did some reading and discovered the realities and side effects of the meds. I stopped it immediately and went searching for natural help. For me that came in the guise of Apple Cider Vinegar. Over the years I've taken it every day, at times with fruit juice, and other times with manuka honey as a warm drink. Most of the time that has helped, except at times of stress when it flares up and nothing seems to help.

This year has been a tough one with a lot of illness, (nothing life threatening). It started with campylobacter, then progressed to nasty head colds, the last one turning to bronchitis which decided to settle on my lungs. That was when I began having trouble with the sore throat. The Dr thought I had a virus that follows bronchitis, so come back in 3 weeks. Little change, and I was noticing everytime I used my voice (I tutor) the throat was worse. She then thought it was possible it was laryngitis, so rest my voice for a few weeks. Not so easy when that's how you make your living. I then got neuralgia and was walking a tight emotional line. I went away for a few days to the beach and guess what - not one sore throat until the night before I had to come back. It's been sore ever since, burning feeling moves between my throat and palate. Sometimes I do think there is a slight bile taste. I also have a slight pain up into my ear at times.

Back to Dr - it's Silent reflux - take Omezeparole - yikes. She told me to look on a 14 day course as a diagnostic tool, because if she sends me to an ENT specialist, he won't do a thing till I've done that. Feeling somewhat backed into a corner I started it and am on Day 5 today. Last night I thought it was working, today I feel worse than ever. Also now have an awful tight feeling in my throat I didn't have before. This had me thinking about some of what you've written, as yesterday I had family here, wrapping presents and putting the tree up,a lot of laughing and company and I hardly noticed it. Do I just need time off and relax. Or did the coughing and 'intense spitting' when I had bronchitis do nerve damage?

9 days to go - then I'm off it and looking for other answers. Many of us worry about the cancer concern, and in some ways to get my throat checked might be worth the discomfort. I have read though the risk is not as high as many professionals and web sites make out. As someone who can get anxious about health at times I like to think that's true.

That's me for what's it worth. Frustrated, concerned and sick of feeling like #$%#!

Jude

Old 12-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
    BrienE
    (male)

Hiya Jude,

Sorry it's so rough and I can sure relate to the frustration in the general sense and in immediate very annoying symptoms. Very interesting though, the effect of your beach vacation and the shift, eve of return to the stressful routine. Screaming evidence of much more going on than the mechanical and insensitive standard medical model of this. eg "failure of valve(s)..." Oh? WHY is that? The experts don't dig much to find alternatives or to find better underlying explanations.

Similarly, hanging out with your family and enjoying yourself relieved you of sensations. (I'm putting up a tree tonight, damn it! Having fun here) We are are not imagining things, rather for some reason everyday stressers now trigger something, could be nerve related, affecting stomach pace/rhythm, involvment of toxins, etc...

In the meantime I'm always looking for new things. This evening I got a technique down better than ever to massage far back and down my throat and maybe part of my epiglottis with the base of my tongue. It's kind of scratchy and nice. Kind of a contortion....jamming tongue back and down into the throat, for me it's a little to the right (lol) but I wonder if others have found some relief with this. kind of strange to describe but I thought I'd share. I perceive this area as being irritated and dry, and it does feel lots better.

I brought this up at a party this evening as I was in the middle of a conversation with a friend who is a premed student and already accomplished scientist and nutritionist. I said I had been massaging my throat with my tongue. She said she does things like this all the time and that there's a whole system of it in ayurvedic medicine. She also spoke of a panel one can get to explore through liver enzymes possible toxicities in the body. All interesting stuff.

I'm confident for you that your throat will be fine and cancer free, glad you are getting it checked though.

Brien

The Following User Says Thank You to BrienE For This Useful Post:
    JudeNZ (12-11-2011)
    Old 12-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #12
    eew
    (female)

eew HB Usereew HB Usereew HB Usereew HB Usereew HB Usereew HB User

I too have been through hell and back with LPR. Thought I'd die a slow death from the pain and not being able to eat. I got LPR in July 2009 and literally burned to death from the vapor/gas/droplets rising from the stomach to the delicate throat tissues and burning the nerves that go through the throat. I felt 4 large balls in my throat and the back of my neck had a bump. My first ENT explained that I was burned and injured and that the acid was injuring my throat and burning through my throat nerves (which go through your head and throughout your body). The pain was unbearable. It took 5 long months to find a Dr to diagnois it. He called it "silent acid reflux". It took awhile to get to the ENT and GI. My primary started at the first level of their algorythems. They started me on double doses of antibiotics for H-Pylori. I got worse and worse. Then 6 months after the onset of the horrific throat pain (my throat was full of white opaque mucous and red as a beet; the ENT told me the white opaque stuff is the throat trying to protect itself from the acid vapor/gas/droplets that are hitting it). Anyway, 6 months later they began different types of PPIs. Mild to strong. The final one I was on was Nexium. They had to increase it and it did nothing for me. 9 months after I started the excruicating throat burning I was sent to surgery for a fundoplication surgery. I came out 10x worse. I laid in bed after I retired, moved and tried to get into a new ENT and GI. The new Drs didn't believe LPR existed. Finally I got into the new ENT for a scope, with the new set of DRs and the ENT confirmed that my throat was burnt to a crisp. They told me not to take PPIs as obviously they didn't work for me. I thought I was going to die a slow death from not being able to eat and being in constant never ending pain. They put me on Carafate but it gave me only 30% or so improvement. The ENT insisted on a biopsy to rule out cancer Feb 2011. I had been burning for almost two years and I guess he had to check. A burn is still a burn especially when it's on top of a already burned throat. It just never gets a chance to heal. I then put myself on mega doses of probiotics. Had a little more improvement. By the end of summer of 2011 my Drs said they could do no more for me. I was sent 4 months ago to see the top GI Dr in our region and he said I had to learn to live with the pain. I had begun my own research and asked him if it was my vegal nerve. He replied that it was but it would take 10 years to find out how to treat what I had. I didn't have 10 years to waste waiting. So I did my own research and found that Vit D strenthens muscles. I reasoned that the UES/LES are esophogeal muscles and that maybe it could help me. I also reaserchec what would heal the vegal nerve and my research indicated that omega 3 fish oil could. I asked for a Vit D lab test and it came out low. (if one lives above a certain latitude the odds are that one does not get enough D and reserves run low during the winter and never get stored up enough). So I put myself on Vit D3 and omega fish oil and have improved so much. I did it on a hunch. I had nothing to lose. The meds and the surgery were far more dangerous than taking the vitamins. I've been on them now for over 4 months and I continue to improve. I still can't quite believe that I found my own treatment plan that is working. I still have a bit of LPR but nothing like what I had before. I have quality of life now. My ENT scoped my upper and lower throat in Sept 2011 and found that my upper throat was still red but when he went down to scoped my lower throat (where he biopsied) he kept saying, "I can't believe it...if I didn't know your history I would not believe how healed your lower throat is!" He was quite pleased at my progress. He asked me what I had been doing and I told him I took Vit D3 drops and omega fish oil and he noted it in my chart. Let me know if this in anyway helps anyone with LPR. I'd be interested if you have any relief.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eew For This Useful Post:
    garlicgal (02-01-2012),MrsJBM (11-18-2012)
    Old 12-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #13
    BrienE
    (male)

Way to go! Thanks for the story. I have seen Vit D3 mentioned on another thread, might get some drops tomorrow. I'm supposed to look for Ashwagandah too. Thanks for the encouraging tale and keep feeling better, yay.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:52 AM   #14
    eew
    (female)

eew HB Usereew HB Usereew HB Usereew HB Usereew HB Usereew HB User

Brien, if it is possible try to get your Vit D tested before you take Vit D. It will be good to see if your low in this important natural hormone made by the sun on your skin. Age, weight and skin color has alot to do with how well we are able to make Vit D and of course the latitude we live in. I avoided the sun for 40 years and realize now it was a big mistake. Vit D does so much in our bodies. From what I read, a large percentage of the population is very low in Vit D levels. Low levels cause a long list of illnesses that are not necessarily recognized by Drs. I keep hoping I'll have a full recovery someday. But at least I'm not burning to death anymore.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #15
    BrienE
    (male)

Google return for "Vagus nerve Omega 3" something to paste and with interesting info on the wandering nerve:

Vagus Nerve Stimulation for Chronic Treatment-Resistant Depression

Influences acid production of stomach among many other things, and the vocal chords.

Might have some Omega 3 here, will check that too.

Closed Thread