It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• LPR sufferer males. Have you noticed how many of you are from New York City?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
    Seeking Sunrise
    (male)

Seeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB UserSeeking Sunrise HB User
    LPR sufferer males. Have you noticed how many of you are from New York City?

Just a quick update in my lyrica adventurers, and on observation.

First of all, lyrica has had very positive results for me. I upped my dose to 150 mg in the morning, and another 150 mg at night. That's a total of 300 mg. It doesn't hamper anything and I don't notice any horrible side effects. Still there are a couple side effects, that at least prove it is really doing something. Today was my best day yet, in over 3 months. Fingers crossed, it continues. Still I think I'm excited by what I hear about klonopin.

As Marf correctly pointed out, the doses of klonopin are very small, like 1 or 2 mg, and you can basically root out a case of refractory laryngeal symptoms, whatever cause you or your doctors choose to say it has. From what I can tell, those generic tri-cyclics and tetra-cyclics are very cheap, and it seems like that is what Jamie Koufman is handing out these days, along with a wonderful regimin of ppis (the ppis work a lot better when taken with anti-depressants by the way)....

Second and more important point. Has anyone noticed this striking coincidence. A lot of the males who get LPR on these boards are from New York. I'm talking strictly about LPR here, and not "heartburn." So many of the males on these boards fighting the mystery laryngeal symptoms are from New York that it's I'm on the verge of saying this simply cannot be a coincidence.

examples of posters fighting laryngeal symptoms who are males from New York:

Xhale12
    lprdude
    gpinzone
    bserchuk
    CMaso
    and the list goes on. It seems like every second guy who gets it is from New York. What is that about? Is it pollution? Stress? 3 mile island?

Or is it tomato sauce....? Maybe Jamie Koufman knows. She lives in downtown Manhattan.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: LPR sufferer males. Have you noticed how many of you are from New York City?

It could also be cultural, or regional tendency of doctors to respond to particular symptoms in men in a particular way. Or we could be looking at a disease cluster. Trouble is, the symptoms are a little vague and common for a precise count.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
    neptunian808
    (female)

neptunian808 HB Userneptunian808 HB User
    Re: LPR sufferer males. Have you noticed how many of you are from New York City?

@seeking sunrise you mention "no heartburn" i hate when i think i found someone with my same disease and symptoms and then they say "oh i have heartburn or i have a hiatal hernia" this is frustrating i havent been able to find a single case similar to mine, if we have LPR we should all post ENT and gastro reports and compare, cause by just mentioning symptoms we get nowhere cough and hoarseness can be cause by tons of things. And the new york thing it's just a coincidence im from southamerica and i have LPR, i have an aunt who has it too and she tried all the ppi's to no avail, now im suspecting my mom has a mild form of lpr combined with gerd too.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
    Jay689
    (male)

Jay689 HB User

Im a country bumpkin that has developed LPR whilst living in London. Have been here 10 years now. I work in London......its always a consideration that my LPR is due to this city stressing me out.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
    jkd3dawg
    (male)

jkd3dawg HB User

Yep. I'm a LPR sufferer from New York

Closed Thread