It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Did those slimming pill ruin my stomach?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
    susyyy
    (female)

susyyy HB User
    Did those slimming pill ruin my stomach?

Im going to just go quickly about what happened to me.

About a year ago a friend told me about this slimming pill she was taking. It's called Zotreem and it is made in Lebanon (Middle East). I think the ingredients are similar to Reductil. She, along with her husband, were taking it and honestly they were losing weight. I asked her if she had any side effect and both said few but are nothing to worry about. In the package it said 100% natural, so I said what the heck, maybe it is no big deal. I started taking a pill a day, and after around 5 days I felt my mouth going dry, strong palpitations, and something stuck in my throat. I had no more saliva!!! I asked my friend and she said that was normal but once I stop it it goes away. After completing 2 weeks my tongue started burning and it was so cracked!!!!!!!! My tonsils were so red and all my mouth was red too. I was miserable. I stopped the pills and 2 more days I was still like that. I went to see a ENT and he said I should see a Gastroenterologist. He just told me to stay away from those type of food that would mess the stomach, e.g coffee, fat, etc. The following day I got curious and took another pill, I just wanted to see if it would put me on fire, and indeed it did How stupid was I to take that stupid pill!!!!!!!!!!! IT RUINED MY LIFE!!!!!!! I was even losing my voice

I went to see the Gastroenterologist and we had an endoscopy and he said that the opening of my stomach was a little loosy, he put me on Nexium for a month, but after that month I saw another doctor back home and he changed the medication to Pariet for 6 months. First 3 months 2 pills/day along with Nasonex spray on my nose, and last 3 months 1 pill a day. I am supposed to complete the treatment on Jan 14, and Im miserable bec it is still there and worse the first 4 months were amazing and I was convinced Im cured, but now no. So I read about this magnesium thing, and I just said I want to stop the PPI and maybe it can fade away with this, and it didnt!!!!!! My stomach has been on fire, bloated, I have been burping a lot, and everything tastes disgusting, not to mention my tongue is sore, white coated and looks swollen. I feel miserable and it is ruining my life I swear to GOD!!!!! I went to see another doc 2 days ago and he wants me to go on Lanzor, another PPI, and he tested me for H. Pylori and it came back negative.

I dont know what else can I do????????????? Can someone help me please!!! I dont want to have to take PPIs all my life, I read some cases where people end up having osteoporosis from it and come on, we do need acid in our stomach! Please help! do I have gastritis? Can this pill have ruined my life? The doctor said maybe it was caused from my pregnancy? how can that be? My son was 1 year old when I took the stupid pill and started having those symptoms!

Last edited by susyyy; 01-08-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread