It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Gerd and Cipro..HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
    campingwithlobo
    (female)

campingwithlobo HB User
    Gerd and Cipro..HELP!

2 months ago I woke up one morning with acid reflux and it has stayed with me with little improvement since then. I have know been on Dexilant for 3 weeks and it was starting to do the trick but 2 days ago was diagnosed with a raging kidney infection and prescribed Cipro 500 2 x a day. I am taking Tru-Flora probiotics 2 x a day 3-4 hours before the cipro. What am I in for what can I do to keep the heartburn and acid reflux from getting unbearable again! After 2 days I can feel the burn staring to creep in. HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
    MountainReader
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
    Re: Gerd and Cipro..HELP!

I always get reflux flares with infections. Most of my infections tend to be upper respiratory though.

You can supplement your Dexilant with OTC reflux meds such as Zantac, Pepcid or Gaviscon. That might help.

Make sure you are getting plenty of water and watching your diet closely.

Closed Thread