It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Re-Chewing food?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
    Trololol
    (male)

Trololol HB User
    Question Re-Chewing food?

Hi there,

I've just joined and this if my first post. I saw this persons thread from quiet some time back and I'm in a very similar situation: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=244066

To sum up, I keep unwillingly throwing up a bit of food in my mouth. It's been happening for years now. I've never really sought help, thinking it was a bit normal. But at the moment i've come down with a cold and it's happening on a bigger scale.

Basically regardless of what I'm eating I always have a little come up in my mouth in large chunks for the next 3/4 hours afterwards. It's not really acidic, either, it just seems more watery and soft. It's gotten to the stage i just chew it and swallow again since it's impossible to keep running away to spit it out.

Have i got GERD?

I've noticed it's primarily happening when i eat things like bread and pasta, is it a possible wheat intolerance?
    I am a vegetarian if that's got anything to do with it?
    I also often seem to have bad breath, again I don't know the link?

Please help me!

all the best,
    The Regurgitator

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Re-Chewing food?

I have AR/GERD and often get the feeling my food feels like it is coming back up again but actually never does.
    I never feel as if Acid is occurring with it. So yes it could be a symptom of AR/GERD, but if you actually have whole pieces of food come back it would be sensible to get it checked out with your Dr.
    You may need some tests to see why this is happening.
    If you can associate it with certain foods try leaving them of to see what happens.
    Good Luck, Solofelix.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Re-Chewing food?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
    I have AR/GERD and often get the feeling my food feels like it is coming back up again but actually never does.
    I never feel as if Acid is occurring with it. So yes it could be a symptom of AR/GERD, but if you actually have whole pieces of food come back it would be sensible to get it checked out with your Dr.
    You may need some tests to see why this is happening.
    If you can associate it with certain foods try leaving them of to see what happens.
    Good Luck, Solofelix.
    """" """" """ """ """ """ """ """ """ """ """ """ """

Not sure about the Bad Breath, could be connected with the type of Veg you eat, speak to your Dentist about that.

Closed Thread