It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Diet advice for gerd & Hernia

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
cook53
(female)

cook53 HB User
Diet advice for gerd & Hernia

I thought I would ask the advice of the panel. I have been fighting these two issues for the last five years. however, I also fight the panic anxiety disorder and GAD. My pschy put me on remeron and while the anxiety and depression are now in check. I have gained 15lbs in two months on the meds. So I need diet advice--I tried up the fiber content and my GERD seems so much worse. Has anyone had success with losing weight on what diet restrictions? Of course, the Meds for depression have to be taken. I also take Protonix 20mg daily...Do any of you have any problems with greek yogurt-or milk products? I like the yogurt but wonder what two meals a day would do to the Gerd and Hiatal hernia? Everyone has just bulk up with vegs and higher fiber foods. But they seem to cause more issues. Anyone else, have this problem Look forward to hearing what I might try. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
JanaJ
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User
Re: Diet advice for gerd & Hernia

I have sympathy with you. It's difficult to find the right diet with our problems. I've found that just trying to eat a bit less at each meal helps. Also eating a low fat diet and not having any alcohol works for me. I cannot tolerate any dairy products at all.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
cook53
(female)

cook53 HB User
Re: Diet advice for gerd & Hernia

Thanks JanaJ. I know it is a trial and error for everyone. I pretty much stay with the low fat diet...just hoping to diversify alittle to help with all the issues. I have not had too much problem with dairy that is why I was wondering about the yogurt. Guess I will give it a try...hopefully without too much of an issue.
Again thanks for replying.
Janet

The Following User Says Thank You to cook53 For This Useful Post:
JanaJ (01-16-2012)
Closed Thread