It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

LPR this bad for you guys? help please

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
chrislee012
(male)

chrislee012 HB User
LPR this bad for you guys? help please

so, i randomly got LPR out of the blue. i dont remember exactly when or how, but have been struggling with it for 3 months. im not even sure if it is LPR, bc my doctor tried eliminating my chronic throat clearing and mucus in my throat by giving me meds for allergies, sinusitis, and asthma. im guessing it is LPR, bc the symptoms seem very similar. MY QUESTIONS are, how long must i wait till i feel these effects? and should i take 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening or is 60mg of omniprozole too much? and if i end up healing, do i have to continue taking it forever or can i stop taking PPIs after the symptoms fade? i just cant stand this anymore.. i think about it all the time, unless im entirely focused on something else. thank you all so very much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
LPR50
(male)

LPR50 HB User
Re: LPR this bad for you guys? help please

Mine came on suddenly as well. Been a year now. No heartburn. I just belch a lot and feel like I have food in my throat. Endoscope shoowed nothing. Barium Swallow showed slight stalling of food in espohagus. ENT put scope in my nose and said vocal folds slightly red so diagnosed LPR but a retired ENT I Know said many things could cause redness so may have been tooo quick a diagnosis. Asked me to take Nexiun 20mg 2x a day. That was 3 months ago and no change so now reading if you do not get resolve from the PPI that LPR may be correct. To make mine even more complicated, now I am considering EPR because it seems whatever the last thing I eat is what seems to sit in my throat. I havent heard of taking 60mg a day. All my doc's suggest 2 20mg pills. I also havent changed my diet mostly because alll the foods I guess I shouldn't eat I like to eat. Hope you get resolve. This surely sucks!

Closed Thread