It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• GERD or gall bladder??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
    PrincessLexie
    (female)

PrincessLexie HB UserPrincessLexie HB UserPrincessLexie HB User
    Re: GERD or gall bladder??

-Yes, the symptoms cause my anxiety but they believe that it is the other way around. I am going to Psychotherapy because of my anxiety because yes, when I am stressed my acid reflux does get worse but about the pain I don't think so. The thing is that I get depressed so I am trying to control that. And I don't know about the IBS, I think that I haven't been checked for that. I wish that they could have at least took blood exams but I feel that the doctor thinks that I'm a hypochondriac or something and I'm not.

-And I did have an ultrasound 8 months ago but they said it was normal, the Endoscopy was over a year ago and they said it was normal just that I had a lot of bile in my stomach and that it was red (they called it like erythomus or something like that.

-I have tried the apple cider vinegar but my stomach couldn't handle it, so I drink the Aloe Vera with apple juice, and I forgot to mention that I eat an apple a day, since apples make an alkaline environment in the stomach and they are said to be natural antacids. Right now I am planning to find a good naturopath, maybe I find an answer there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
    BelleoftheSouth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

Hi Princess. Does eating apples hurt you? I can't eat them because it feels like it gets stuck right above my stomach and it kills me..I can't eat red meat(very seldom do I eat it anyway) same thing..I feel like I'm having a heart attack with apples bananas rasin bran and I know this saounds crazy but I have a very hard time drinking water..I get so sick that I now drink tea(had to give up Coffee) and flat warm diet ginger ale.

I made a list of foods that make me ill and the list keeps getting longer..go figure.

Make sure you keep a list of foods that act against you and journal when you're having a bad day.

Journaling(sp) can really help with anxiety.

Be Well.

~Belle~

Old 02-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #18
    mandygirl12
    (female)

mandygirl12 HB User

My doctors are quick to order blood tests, I think because it is an easy way for them to rule out things and they don't have to think too much about it. I've gotten almost every blood test you can imagine at this point. My ultrasound was normal as well, and the GI tells me that 99% of his patients' endoscopies come back normal but it's still good to do if you're having a lot of symptoms. I'm sure if that is the case then mine will also be normal.

There is no test for IBS other than discussing your symptoms with your doctor. As soon as I told him mine he said without a doubt I have IBS and need to do the elimination diet, starting with getting rid of dairy. He told me 1/5 of the population has it. But what bothers me more is the GERD because as you know it can make you feel like you're having a heart attack or you can't breathe. I can handle some stomach aches and digestive sensitivities, but when it comes to GERD it drives me crazy.

By the way, the GI dr told me that these types of problems can absolutely make you depressed, tired, and just not feel like yourself. He said everything is connected so if you're feeling sick for a long time of course you're going to start feeling depressed and tired and hopeless. I get so tired sometimes I have to fight the urge to put my head down and sleep. I would also get dizzy spells.

I am scared to try the apple cider because my digestive system is so out of whack I don't want to get sick from it. I will maybe go with the aloe vera juice..

Old 02-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #19
    PrincessLexie
    (female)

Belle, I eat red apples and they don't cause me any symptoms. I've notice that green apples do trigger my acid reflux. And for breakfast I eat oatmeal or raisin bran cereal with nonfat milk and my stomach feels good. I rarely eat bananas but I've heard that they are good for GERD. I can drink water and tea with no problem. What I do not drink is coffee and sodas. I love frappuccinos but I know that if I drink it I feel the heartburn so I just drink it once in a while. So far I've had 2 good days this week with no acid reflux but I have been feeling full like if I've eaten a lot even if it has been a little. I had lost my appetite and now I'm feeling hungry. Today the acid reflux came back and the pain in my right side but I try to not think about it. :/

Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #20
    PrincessLexie
    (female)

Mandygirl, I've stopped drinking the aloe vera juice because I don't know if it was causing more acid reflux. I've had 2 good days this week with no acid reflux but the pain in my right side is back and the acid reflux as well. I see that there are good days and bad days and like if my stomach is finally getting used to no more PPI's. If your stomach is sensible right now I wouldn't recommened trying the Apple cider vinegar, when I tried it it made things worst but it has really worked for other people, so if you feel better you can see if it works. And about your dizzy spells, I used to get dizzy when I was drinking the protonix. Now I get dizzy if I get up too fast but I don't know if it's when I'm more anxious. I've been trying to keep my mind busy and have more positive thoughts to help my tummy feel better. About the bloodwork, my doctor seems to think that I don't need them :/. Tomorrow I am having the esophageal motility test at another hospital to see if my LES and esophagus work well. Oh and I read about the IBS symptoms and I don't feel all those symptoms so I doubt that I have that but what bothers me after the Acid reflux and the pain is the horrible indigestion. And I've tried checking if dairy causes me my symptoms but it seems that dairy doesn't make me feel bad, but I have changed the milk, now I drink nonfat milk or 2% although I miss the whole milk.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #21
    mandygirl12
    (female)

mandygirl12 HB User

I think we are on the same page, PrincessLexie- I have had a few good days now but the acid reflux always creeps back up on me after a while. I have to say though, it is not as intense as it was last month. Maybe it was all the holiday eating that lingered and made my GERD act up for so long...who knows! I also eat a red apple every day because I've heard it's good for digestion; it usually doesn't bother me but for some reason it actually makes me hungrier...I don't know why. It's funny because I also eat oatmeal or cereal with low fat milk every morning, and with my cereal I put a half banana in. I don't think the banana has helped my GERD at all but I just do it because I like fruits and it's good for you. I still get the pain on my right side every now and then, and bad behind my right shoulder blade. All I can do for now is try to eat healthy, and as you say, stay positive...until my endoscopy. It definitely helps to stay busy and think of better things!

I was told my dizzy spells were due to my allergies and not breathing correctly. Then I was tested for iron and they found my iron capacity was low, so that could have also been contributing to it. In my opinion I get dizzy when my GERD gets really bad because of the tightness in my chest I feel like I'm gasping for air. Any way good luck today!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
    PrincessLexie
    (female)

Hi Mandy, I had my Esophageal Manometry today. Now I am more depressed and worried. The results are abnormal. The nurse said that my LES doesn't close, that there was no pressure there, and she didn't see any esophagael contractions either. I asked her if the esophagael contractions and the LES are related, since both things are not working properly on me. She said that my doctor will tell me more that she didn't know more and that the G.I will decide what's next. I came out of the office crying because I'm scared of what that may mean. I don't know if that is really serious or if it can be fixed...

Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #23
    mandygirl12
    (female)

mandygirl12 HB User

I'm sorry to hear that PrincessLexie, but hopefully it will give your doctor some direction of how to help you now. I have heard of people with GERD having esophagus and LES problems, so hopefully it is something not too serious that can be treated. Try not to get too down! I know it's hard not to but if you try to relax and do something you enjoy it will help to put your mind at ease.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #24
    PrincessLexie
    (female)

Thank you Mandy, sorry I hadn't read your last post. Things have been horrible this week but hopefully they will get better. On saturday I saw a naturopath so now it's day 5 taking natural remedies. He said that I can be cured, but that I need to be positive. I feel so depressed and I've lost my appetite and can barely eat because now I'm afraid of swallowing (and I hadn't had any swallowing problems before the exam) and I still feel full all the time. I have lost 4 pounds in one week. I hope that the natural remedies make a difference soon. How are you doing? I hope that things are going better with you. (today is my 26th birthday )

Old 08-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
    mandygirl12
    (female)

mandygirl12 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PrincessLexie View Post
    Thank you Mandy, sorry I hadn't read your last post. Things have been horrible this week but hopefully they will get better. On saturday I saw a naturopath so now it's day 5 taking natural remedies. He said that I can be cured, but that I need to be positive. I feel so depressed and I've lost my appetite and can barely eat because now I'm afraid of swallowing (and I hadn't had any swallowing problems before the exam) and I still feel full all the time. I have lost 4 pounds in one week. I hope that the natural remedies make a difference soon. How are you doing? I hope that things are going better with you. (today is my 26th birthday )
    Hi PrincessLexie,

I know it's been a long time but I just checked my posts today and saw I hadn't replied to your last one. Well back in March I had an upper endoscopy done and they said the valve in my esophagus is very weak and doesn't close properly, which leads to my bad acid reflux. He said there's really not much I can do other than what I already do. I had a very good few months after my horrible three months from January-March. So from March on I was feeling so much better but recently I've been having the pain again in my upper right quadrant and bad acid reflux with the chest symptoms. It seems to have gotten a little better the past couple weeks. A few weeks ago I had 2 beers over the course of probably 6 hours and I got sick and was throwing up so I'm wondering if maybe I have some sort of food allergies. Also, whenever I eat something heavy I feel like I'm gasping for breath, so I really have been trying to eat healthier and totally cut out any bad stuff. Hope you're doing better!

Closed Thread