It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Is this GERD?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Gbnm
(female)

Gbnm HB User
Is this GERD?

I have been having a pain only when I swallow food that feels like a bruise. It is located between my breasts and feels like the area about the size of a nickel. My GP thinks I have GERD and put me on Nexium for 10 days. I have never had heartburn and I notice that I burp more than I probably should. Anyone else out there with similar symptoms. That pain only bothers me every now and then. Help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
solofelix
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Is this GERD?

Hi,
It could also be a Hiatal-Hernia. I have one and get similar symptoms particularly burping.
The only way to find out if you have that is with an Endoscopy.
I was given Nexium but found it didn't help. When my diet slips I suffer, I don't have Reflux or heartburn but can get indigestion.

Solofelix.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Gbnm
(female)

Gbnm HB User

Thanks for the response, I thought Hiatal-Hernia pain is lower? Trying to watch my diet by writing down everything I eat and seeing what could be triggering it. Trying to stay away from trigger foods but I love spaghetti!!! Think I'll research about Hiatal- Hernias online, maybe it will help!! Thanks again

Old 04-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
Taylor559
(female)

Taylor559 HB User
Unhappy Re: Is this GERD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbnm View Post
I have been having a pain only when I swallow food that feels like a bruise. It is located between my breasts and feels like the area about the size of a nickel. My GP thinks I have GERD and put me on Nexium for 10 days. I have never had heartburn and I notice that I burp more than I probably should. Anyone else out there with similar symptoms. That pain only bothers me every now and then. Help!!
I have just started to have pain between my breasts and where my bra strap goes under across the front. And then I get a pressure feeling right in between. An aching pain in the back also, like in the bra strap area. I notice that I burp more too. It started 3 weeks ago after I ate at a Chinese buffet. It has happened 3 times since eating chinese at two different places. But it doesn't happen with all foods. It starts about 5 to 6 hours after I have eaten. Kind of odd. Wonder if it is Gurd with me too? I don't like to see doctors, so I might try and OTC drug to see if it helps. And I guess I should stop eating chinese, which is my favorite. I am having a problem tonight because we ate at a KFC buffet. I also get a lot of bloating right in the middle, stomach will feel tight. Any suggestions? Taylor

Last edited by Taylor559; 04-18-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: forgot something else

Old 04-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Gbnm
(female)

Gbnm HB User

It's frustrating isn't it?! My sister knows a lot about vitamins and minerals and she told me about "Doctor's BEST PepZinGI" pills. They are for "supporting healthy gastric function" I take one at breakfast and one at dinner and I have felt a big improvment!! I haven't felt that pain in a few weeks now. Hope it doesn't come back and if it does I'll just have to deal with it at that time!! She bought the pills online at Swanson Vitamins. Good luck and let me know if you decide to try those pills =)

Closed Thread