It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Newbie with difficulty breathing

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
Daniiii
(female)

Daniiii HB User
Newbie with difficulty breathing

I have a strange issue. I've been normal most of my life, eating whatever and drinking whatever, not having any problems. About 3 months ago I decided to go on a "diet" (i moved out and got too lazy to cook) so I ate pasta with butter and salt (and ONLY pasta) basically for a month straight. I began to feel as if I was wheezing at times.

Soon I couldnt eat anything without having tons of gas in my stomach, so much I felt I was going to throw up. I'm getting it under control but I have a new problem I cant seem to diagnose or fix. Everytime I eat, within 3 hours of eating I feel as if I'm absolutely starving. Then if I drink even a sip of water, or begin to eat at this point it feels difficult to breathe in, like I'm wheezing, but theres no noise, its just as though something is squeazing the bottom of my lungs, or my lungs are "spasming". This usually only lasts 5 to 30 minutes, then its gone.

I was told I had asthma when I was young, but its extremely mild. When I get this breathing problem i dont feel the urge to cough, and I've taken my inhailer to see if it helps, which it doesnt. I've also been checked by my pulmonologist and he said it seems as thought I've grown out of it, and we're doing more indepth testing this week.

I've had chest xrays, had my heart checked as well. Is this GERD related? I've read on here about people having problems breathing after eating when they have gerd. I have this feeling after 3 bites, not after big meals, and it seems worse with cold water.

Sorry for the length, I would love anyone who could give me any idea of where to go with this. Thank you

Also I'm female, 5 foot 4, 118 pounds and pretty active. On no meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
janewhite1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Newbie with difficulty breathing

It could be reflux related. I would go to a gastroenterologist to investigate that possibility.

Meanwhile, try a normal diet, rather than the all-pasta diet.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Daniiii
(female)

Daniiii HB User
Re: Newbie with difficulty breathing

haha but pasta is so good!

I have an appointment with one tomorrow morning. Go figure, I have a problem for 3 months, get an appointment, then the night before decide I'm at my wits end and can't last until morning for advice. lol. Thanks

Closed Thread