It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

I believe I have acid reflux, but I'm not sure

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
Hitz
(male)

Hitz HB User
I believe I have acid reflux, but I'm not sure

Let me start off by giving a little background information on who I am. I am a nineteen year old male. I never drink, take cafiene or smoke. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with food. My metabolism has always been fast (although I feel it has slowed down lately) and I tend to eat a lot, and fast. I do my best to eat as healthy as I can, but every so often, I cave and even binge.

For nearly a year now, I've had chronic postnasal drip which is definitely worsened immediately after eating food. As I am lactose intolerant, I try my best to avoid any milk products.

First, I went to see an allergist, but I didn't show up positive to any reactions. Then, I took a complete blood count to see if I was allergic to gluten and I wasn't. I was also given strong antibiotics (augmentin) and they didn't help, either.

I very rarely have heartburn. And as soon as I told that to my doctor, he basically shied away from my idea that I might have acid reflux.

Recently, however, I have been starting to get heartburn more. It is still a rare occasion, but I think it's getting worse.

Another problem is that my stomach is ALWAYS bloated no matter what I do. I drink plenty of water and try my best to eat an appropriate amount of fiber daily.

It seems that whenever I take a deep breath I get heartburn. And when I press on my stomach, you can hear a lot of liquid washing inside while I am bloated.

Today, I've had very bad pain in my stomach when needing to pass stool. It was a bit difficult like I was straining.

I don't know what to do anymore. I've seen about three different doctors and they never even suggested that I do a barium swallow, or endoscopy to see if I have a hernia.

please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Hitz
(male)

Hitz HB User
Re: I believe I have acid reflux, but I'm not sure

246 views and not a single reply?

Old 02-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
George4466
(male)

George4466 HB User
Re: I believe I have acid reflux, but I'm not sure

Hi,

I am as well not sure of what i have, for me it's a strange sensation in the back of the throat, i wouldn't describe it as a burn or as an acid taste, it's just a presence there that is really hard to tolerate when present. As you describe, my symptom appears sometimes after eating, sometimes a few hours after eating.
I also don't have any heartburn, I had it once almost one week ago but it was the first time in years.
My biggest problem is that i keep thinking about it 24/7 and that i really not good, i am sure that a lot of my symptoms are anxiety related.
You should definitely do the endoscopy and that will give you in a greater detail what is going on.
Try to think positive and diet is key.
I am 23 as well so don't worry, you're not the only one.

Closed Thread