It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Question to those with throat irritation from reflux

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
mf594
(male)

mf594 HB User
Question to those with throat irritation from reflux

For that past year or so, I have had an irritated throat. It appeared after a bad throat infection, but also appeared a couple months before I started getting upper GI/reflux symptoms. It's been getting a bit worse again lately, so was looking for some advice.

Doctors haven't been able to diagnose it, but some think it is from reflux (but no damage was seen when I had an endoscopy), while I think it could also be left over from my infection, or maybe something else altogether.

It's generally not too noticeable, unless I press on my throat, which forces me to cough. I'm wondering if this is something that could be reflux related.

My question: On your lower throat, on the area around the neck's connection to your collar, please press on both sides (at once) of your throat. Try different locations around this area. Generally it's Does this make you cough?

Thanks for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
kevinla
Veteran
(male)

kevinla HB Userkevinla HB User
Re: Question to those with throat irritation from reflux

You have LPR.

laryngopharyngeal reflux

Last edited by kevinla; 02-25-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
mf594
(male)

mf594 HB User

Hi, yes I suppose it's possible I have that. I am hoping that some others can validate my symptoms as being the same as theirs to further confirm this. Also I have had other digestive issues (lower GI) that started this year, so my sphincters aren't my only problem, if they are one at all.

I forgot to mention, when I cough it provides temporary relief of the irritation.

I noticed a post of yours in another thread where you said you got reflux after a throat infection. I had a bad throat infection before all my symptoms too. Did you ever find anything that gave you relief? Thanks.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
kevinla
Veteran
(male)

kevinla HB Userkevinla HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf594 View Post
Hi, yes I suppose it's possible I have that. I am hoping that some others can validate my symptoms as being the same as theirs to further confirm this. Also I have had other digestive issues (lower GI) that started this year, so my sphincters aren't my only problem, if they are one at all.

I forgot to mention, when I cough it provides temporary relief of the irritation.

I noticed a post of yours in another thread where you said you got reflux after a throat infection. I had a bad throat infection before all my symptoms too. Did you ever find anything that gave you relief? Thanks.
I am in a hurry, but I will give a short answer now.

A lot of people have relief from Gaviscon Advance.

Vitamin D has helped me as well.

Closed Thread