It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Could I have LPR?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
BreeCanada
(female)

BreeCanada HB User
Could I have LPR?

I have been struggling with "phlegm" in the back of my throat for over 2 years. I've always had problems with my sinuses but lived with thinking it was allergies but the added phlegm/throat problems have me struggling. It seems like I can't breathe sometimes and have difficulty swallowing (but figured it was due to phlegm). I've been tested for problems with my heart, lungs, and asthma but all were good but they gave me a puffer to see if I'd get any relief (all it did was irritate my throat). I was sent to an allergist and to my surprise none of my sinusitis is even allergy related. Steroid nasal spray has helped my sinuses but I still have the phlegm/throat problems and so after doing a thorough exam of my throat and nasal passages my ENT believes the phlegm in my throat is coming from my stomach due to LPR and suggested I elevate the head of my bed and prescribed Pantoprazole twice a day for at least 2 months to see if it helps. The phlegm is constant, I have some hoarseness, trouble swallowing, cough (to clear my throat), occasional sour taste and sometimes feel like I can’t breathe (mostly when my sinuses were really bad too). I have no heartburn. I feel like I have a lot of the symptoms but none of them seem to mention the lump in the throat as “phlegm” so I’m not sure. I started on the Pantoprazole and "think" it might be helping (I express air constantly) but it's too soon to tell as I still have phlegm but don't feel so claustrophobic. I asked my doctor about diet and he didn't seem to think it would make a difference?

I always thought my throat problem had something to do with my sinuses so was shocked that it would be coming from my stomach but I’m starting to believe it more and more

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Bree

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread