It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

In Misery With GERD

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
Rick7348
(male)

Rick7348 HB User
In Misery With GERD

Propping my head up or elevating the bed doesn't work to relieve my GERD symptoms. When I sit up I'm fine. But if I close my eyes while sitting up to try and fall asleep, I can feel the bile rising up in my throat. I haven't read anything about GERD that mentions that. I must be special. Granted I'm only hours removed from my junk food eating and cigarette smoking but I wish I could get some relief. I have to stay up for atl east 24 hours it seems to get 5 hours sleep. I even took a unisom and it didn't do anything. It's 5:13 AM and I'm in a living hell. No one on here seems to have my problem. Everyone else has issue with heart burn and stomach pains. I'm not having that. Maybe my situation isn't as bad but no being able to sleep is making me miserable. All I want is to lay down and doze off but I can't. I know it's pointless to ask because I asked similar questions before and got the answers I was expecting, but any advice now would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2012, 05:15 AM   #2
Capt Huggyface
(male)

Capt Huggyface HB User
Re: In Misery With GERD

Hello. Have GERD along with some other issues, but Prilosec worked for me. In fact, it was off brand Prilosec (started with an O) and it gave me the ability to rest, eat, and enjoy when I'd have an outbreak. May be worth a shot.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
janewhite1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: In Misery With GERD

Is it possible that you just NOTICE it more when you are trying to sleep?

A few thoughts:

1) It might start to settle down rapidly once you are on a better diet.

2) Unisom (or benadryl) might actually make it worse. It does for me.

Closed Thread