It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

24 hr impedance/ PH in progress NOW

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
BrienE
(male)

BrienE HB UserBrienE HB UserBrienE HB UserBrienE HB User
Unhappy 24 hr impedance/ PH in progress NOW

Hi all.

Please send flowers and supportive cards, some hugs... no wait... please send me something I can put the next 14 hours of my life into, to make them dissapear -- put it in a box and seal it and suddenly find it's 14 hours later.... that I can go back to the clinic and they will pull this things out of my nose, back of my throat and gullet.

But ah, after all the last time I got my heart ripped out of my chest I think it hurt more than this. Oh I'll be ok. What a barbaric test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
MountainReader
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: 24 hr impedance/ PH in progress NOW

Hang in there!

I've been through 3 of these tests myself. After a while, I just decided to pretend it wasn't there. The more I focused on it, the worse it was. Try to go about your normal routine as much as you can, despite what funny looks you get.

You can do it!

MountainReader

Old 04-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
BrienE
(male)

Thank you Mountain Reader. I stopped to talk with a friend today in his office and we both cracked up at the phrase "continue with your normal routine," though I am not making fun of you in this context you are right.... uch... I have not resorted to taking it out though.... now it is dark.... let's see only ten or so hours to go. SLEEP??

REALLY?

And I am using a CPAP...

Don't know about that... maybe time to take a benzo...

Thank you for cheering me on, I needed that. All best -- Brien

The following user gives a hug of support to BrienE:
MountainReader (04-10-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
MountainReader
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I felt the same way about the "normal routine" the first time. By the time I finished my third time with the testing, that is actually pretty much what I did--minus the shower the next a.m.

They did tell me I could sky dive with it if that was my normal routine though...I just can't picture that.

Sorry you are having to do the c-pap with it though. That may be a bit rough.

You are closer on the count down though.

You do need to try to get that sleep though. My most telling pH results were while I was sleeping.

Keep us posted on your results.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
BrienE
(male)

It might be interesting to see what happens in 'supine' mode... I deal with LPR not really so much GERD symptoms although I guess technically it is a subset of GERD... or is it... I didn't experience LPR until after a gagging session, was very sick from a virus or food poisoning... if it worsens after the wonderful manometry and installation, that will tell me something in my detective Columbo mission to understand this and help it.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
BrienE
(male)

Skydive... you had some fun people around you. Mine were very supportive but didn't have this material.

Closed Thread