It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• From Mary: For newbies

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
    sealbeachluvr
    (female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User
    Post From Mary: For newbies

Hello,

I have already posted these posts; however, I am adding them again for those who need help too with answers for their diagnosis, especially new members, with my symptoms.

My name is Mary and I was recently diagnosed with Acid Reflex/GERD. Approximately 15 days ago today, I woke up with severe nausea; to date, I have not thrown up. The desire to throw up is strong and it last quite some time. With this symptom, I am burping often throughout the day. I also feel tightness in my throat; however, I am able to swallow well. Maybe once or twice a day my mouth gets watery like when you are about to throw up. I would like to note that since given medication by my Dr. the burping has stopped and so has the nausea. (Since my first posing of this one, I have stopped the meds completely and now using Apple Cider Vinegar due to the health risks with the medication) Because of the nausea I have no desire to eat; however, with the ACV which has stopped the nausea, I am eating again. I am eating extremely healthy afraid to get that nausea feeling back so I am loading up on “Juices” from my local health store – the kind where they put my vegetables in the machine and juice it. I also have a feeling in my stomach that I am starving and then a strong burning sensation. All of the symptoms are new to me and with HIGH anxiety that I suffer with everyday, I am scared. I went for a second opinion and the second Dr also told me that he feels I have Acid Reflex and told me to continue to the first medication the first Dr gave me. For three days I have been on the medication; however, also during these three days I have been on GOOGLE diligently seeking natural alternatives for my diagnosis. I came across many sites on Apple Cider Vinegar (Mother). I have read exceptional testimonies on how it not only treats Acid Reflex but other aliments as well. Today I woke up with severe nausea again. I was so sad. I was hoping to wake up to a new day but it just didn’t happen this way. Instead of grabbing my pill, I woke up, heated water and added two tablespoons of ACV and drank it with a straw. The nausea subsided almost immediately and without any medication in my system, I just drank a smoothie from Jamba Juice and ate Oatmeal successfully. This is my first day drinking ACV. Has anyone here been told they have Acid Reflex and if you have, has anyone on here experienced my same symptoms? Does ACV really work for this problem? I have to be honest and say the nausea diminished almost immediately and I have not taken any prescribed medication today. How often should I consume ACV during the week? Also, is it normal for my tummy to feel weak/tender? I don’t have pain – it just feels tender. I guess tender best describes the feeling. I understand that eating meat, oils, etc. bring AR on; however, I am an extremely healthy eater and I have been a vegetarian for years and I do not eat fast food. I think I should add that about a week before this gross sickness broke out, the Superior Market had Cherries on sale for 69 cents a pound and they also had Mangos on sale, 2 for $1.00. In three days, I consumed about 3 pounds of Cherries and 6 Mangos, peel and all. My mom says that this could have brought it on – can fruit lead to Acid Reflex? Would it hurt to take the medication with the ACV or should I just stick with the ACV. It is just so hard to believe that ACV would work so well. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone going through what I am going through. The anxiety makes me feel like I am sicker than what the Dr tells me. My anxiety began when my husband died 10 years ago in a car accident and I have a fear of death. I would appreciate any feedback on ACV – it just sounds hard to believe. So if you have any experience with ACV I would LOVE to hear back from you. I am going to drink it again at lunch. It isn’t the best tasting stuff but I am able) ALSO – CAN STRESS CAUSEto consume it with hot water. (Sorta like a yucky tea ACID RELEX or is it solely from food intake?

I was told by two doctors that I have Acid Reflex/GERD. The two doctors pushed on my stomach and after me telling them what I am going through, they both said I have Acid Reflex/GERD. I don't know how they are able to tell just by pushing on my tummy but my mom said they see it all day long and know it like the back of their hand now. I hope they are right. I have mucus in the back of my throat – I have had it for some time. Lately it is getting worse. I read an idea from someone who wrote you about putting lemon in the back of the throat – I will try that. I went to two doctors who told me I have Acid Reflux/GERG. My MAIN symptoms are SEVERE nausea in the morning and later at night. I have not thrown up in the three weeks since this diagnosis. After doing TONS of research on the internet (I can’t get any answers from my doctors) I too believe that Acid Reflux/GERD is caused from LACK of acid. I found hundreds of sites on Apple Cider Vinegar. I stopped taking the pills and began to use the Apple Cider Vinegar and unbelievably it worked RIGHT away. My nausea is gone instantly after drinking it. I purchase my Apple Cider Vinegar from my local health store, The Whole Wheatery. The bottle cost $2.99. If you choose to try this, you will have to decide how you want to consume it but this is how I do it. I NEVER PUT my water in the microwave. I warm it up in a pan on the stove. I add 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and drink it with a straw. It is not the best tasting stuff but you do get used to it. I do this three times a day; however, beginning next week, I want to go down to twice a day. Some people add honey; however, for me, I just warm the water and get it over with. My nausea is gone within minutes and this is so exaggeration. I hope if you decide to try it that it will work for you just as well. I am going to try the lemon as instructed by one of your writers to help with the nasal drip. On Sunday I took my Apple Cider Vinegar and ate a HUGE pickle and my symptoms vanished for HOURS. They did come back at night but I drank my ACV and it was gone again. So your writer may be right – we may be lacking acid. Keep researching and I hope you find the answer to help you through this. I know how you feel – up until 3 weeks ago, I was SUPER fit; hiked, swam, walked – I have gone down hill in three weeks. But I am determined to fight this and I plan on fighting hard with as much natural as I can.

I have my medicine as back up (We can’t be stupid either) however, for now I have chose to put them away to see if I can do this the natural way. Ginger is also very good for you.

After seeing the side affects of my medication, I was scared. There are too many risks in taking it. I am taking probiotics as told my wonderful woman at my local health store and because this is a site where people can learn from one another, I want to be as graphic as possible so that we can all learn together. The probiotics have helped my poop tremendously. I was having massive diarrhea and gas. The gas was worse than the diarrhea. Since starting the probiotcs 2 weeks ago, I am pooping (An actual poop ball now) regularly once in the morning now. I can’t tell you how long it has been since I have had a normal poop. So I do think the probiotics are working wonderfully.

Since writing these post, I have set aside the medication and now taking Apple Cider Vinegar which totally takes away the nausea for hours. I use ACV 3 times a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread