It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Has Apple Cider Vinegar worked for you?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Tribulation
(male)

Tribulation HB User
Has Apple Cider Vinegar worked for you?

I've tried various pills, I've tried losing weight, I've tried changing my diet. Nothing works, I still suffer from terrible GERD. I've recently heard about Apple Cider Vinegar working in some cases, but I've also seen one or two people saying that it made their issues worse. I'd like to hear what some of you who've tried it have to say about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #2
winghall
(female)

winghall HB User
Re: Has Apple Cider Vinegar worked for you?

I does not seem to help me at all. I have tried it many times.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
janewhite1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I would say both: It improved my reflux, but it worsened my gastritis. I'm not sure what that's worth.

I say try it once. You'll know if it helps or not, and if it hurts, just follow it with an antacid and the pain should stop pretty quick.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Johnah
(male)

Johnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB User

It seemed to help a little but not enough to make it worth the taste. Certainly no miracle cure in my case. I also tried DGL tablets, Aloe Vera juice , no luck with them either. Modern medicine does seem to have had a positive impact though , my last PPI (Dexilent) and some help from the odd H2 (Pepcid) has calmed things down so far as reflux. Just about at the stage that I am going to try to wean myself off the PPI's , been about 4 months.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
rosebloom
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB User

Like many other posters, it did not seem to help me on a consistent basis. I know I have good days and bad days regardless of what I do or take, and the ACV did not seem to consistently help. Therefore, it is hard for me to tell whether it is a placebo effect or it actually helped on certain days. I no longer take it because it does not taste pleasant and does not seem worth the sacrifice. It may help a little bit if your stomach needs a bit of acid. We are also supposed to take it diluted with water through a straw. Therefore, it is probably no worse than the vinegar one eats or takes in through salad dressing. I would say it is probably a harmless remedy to try and, if it helps, all the better. If it does not, then it is easily discontinued. Rose

Old 08-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
sealbeachluvr
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User

It helps a lot! I do Not take any medications and rely ONLY on ACV & healthy eating.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
PumpkinSeed
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User

i cant take it cuz i have erosion and an ulcer and it HURTS me. when i dont have those i take it and it helps with joint pain.

i usually take a bit of baking soda. neutralizes acid.

dont take both together though or you will have a high school volcano project going on in your stomach.

i clean my drains with vinegar and baking soda lol.

Last edited by PumpkinSeed; 08-22-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 AM   #8
anotherpatty
(female)

anotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB User

I tried it and it made my reflux worse

Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #9
JanaJ
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User

No, not at all.

Closed Thread