It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Sensation of pill stuck in throat PLEASE HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #16
    Vicieux
    (female)

Vicieux HB User
    Re: Sensation of pill stuck in throat PLEASE HELP!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LukeJ92 View Post
    Let me just update this for everyone feeling the same thing as me!

Yesterday I bought some rennie tabs and started taking them after meals, this morning I woke up and decided to pick up a few packs of gum on my way to work, let me tell you this combination of rennie tabs and gum has really bought A LOT of gas out of me, earlier on I released a burp that literally lasted about 10 seconds LOL! It instantly took the lump sensation away and now I'm just left with a slight burning sensation at the back of my mouth which is LOADS better than feeling a lump! I'm hoping this is the end of this and it was just a load of trapped gas! I'll keep you updated!
    If you have anxiety issues, as I do, it could be neurological (as mine is). On days I pay little attention to it, or I'm out and having fun, it's there, but not anywhere near as apparent as when I'm depressant of scared to death it's cancer. Hard candies and gum help me, I guess because I'm actually swallowing something. Foods actually make my throat feel normal, and for about 20 or so minutes afterwards. I took an antacid and it didn't make it go away, but it made me feel a little better which took my anxiety down because in my mind I was like "oh, well, this medicine is going to make it better so stop worrying about it". If you get a medicine really pick apart your symptoms with it. Are you feeling "improvement" because it's a pill? Or are you symptom free? My doctor prescribed me Imipramine which had me 100% symptom free for about 7 days of my 20 days taking it (giving it a few days to kick in, versus also the fact it is wearing off). But think about it. A tricyclic ANTIDEPRESSANT was helping my throat... Because for 5 years what I had was neurological. And as I said, I have major problems with anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    acid, pill, reflux symptoms, throat