It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Is aloe vera juice BAD for LPR?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
    my chelle
    (female)

my chelle HB User
    Is aloe vera juice BAD for LPR?

I have ulcers, GERD, LPR and a large hiatus hernia. I just read this quote on a website and was wondering does this mean aloe vera juice is NOT good for LPR since pepsin is a cause of LPR? I've started the aloe vera juice thanks to reading about it on this message board and my stomach feels much better but now I'm wondering if it will make my LPR worse.....

a 1963 issue of the "Journal of the American Osteopathic Society" reported that aloe's effectiveness as an ulcer-healer may be attributed to its ability to stimulate the release of pepsin, a gastric juice enzyme that supports the digestive system.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Is aloe vera juice BAD for LPR?

Hi,

I can only speak as I find and I have many Digestive problems and found it very helpful.
    It seems to have a calming effect on the stomach.
    It should be taken regularly and generally takes a couple of weeks to feel the benefit from it.
    Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

I cannot tell you about LPR, but for GERD, aloe vera is WONDERFUL. When I was first diagnosed with GERD, the dr. prescribed one pill, which worked for a short time. I went back to him and told him it was not working, so he told me to take two. I came home, searched the Internet and found aloe vera would work. Started taking and thew the prescription away and have never taken another prescriptive drug for it. All those prescriptive drugs do is numb one for a short time while aloe vera, I believe, is a healing product. Look up Digestinol on the Internet and read the testimonials. It is expensive, but works. I told someone who works for me about it and he could not afford the Digestinol, so bought some aloe vera at a store and he has NO signs of stomach trouble, now.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
    Hi,

I can only speak as I find and I have many Digestive problems and found it very helpful.
    It seems to have a calming effect on the stomach.
    It should be taken regularly and generally takes a couple of weeks to feel the benefit from it.
    Good Luck,

Solofelix.
    I see you are from Ireland and I am of Irish decent. Do a lot of people in Ireland have sensitive stomachs?

Old 06-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by danabarb View Post
    I see you are from Ireland and I am of Irish decent. Do a lot of people in Ireland have sensitive stomachs?

I really don't know.
    I should imagine No more than anywhere else.

Solofelix.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

If you are from southern Ireland, please tip your hat for me when you go by Dromoland castle. I have been to southern Irealnd three times and it is by far the prettiest country that I have ever seen and the people are SOOOOO nice. Have not had a chance to get to northern Ireland.

Closed Thread