It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• I tried Osteopathy and it worked!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
    Osteoforreflux
    (male)

Osteoforreflux HB User
    I tried Osteopathy and it worked!

Hi,

I'm a 27 year old male and I was having horrible heartburn for about a year. All of the classic things were aggravating my heartburn (acidic fruits, alcohol, pizza etc) but I would also always get it when I exercised...I was getting it extremely bad doing cross fit as well.

I was trying many different things but didn't want to get on some intense drug that would make my stomach basically stop producing acid because i'd read lots of bad stuff about that.

The thing that finally worked and almost immediately was going to an osteopath. I am not going to pretend to remember the exact details of what exact part of my spine was locked all funny but basically nerves etc come out of your spine and insert into your stomach, and if this is injured or aggravated this can cause heartburn. the difference was almost immediate and also taking more care with my posture really helps as well. One thing that was pointed out to me was that i had little veins on the surface of my stomach in a perfect line which lines up with these nerves that come from around from your back which is something that you could look to see if you have.

I am sharing this because i wonder how many people are slouched over at a desk like me all day and have bad heartburn and will never truly know that the cause may be structural and relatively easy to fix. I hope this helps at least one other person get back on track, and goodluck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
    Lisalilbee
    (female)

Lisalilbee HB User
    Re: I tried Osteopathy and it worked!

Thanks for info, as I think my posture has a lot to do with my problems, which is the same as yours, x

Closed Thread

Tags
    gerd - physical issues, gerd natural remedy, heartburn, heartburn acid reflux, posture