It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• LPR question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
    Newseditor44
    (male)

Newseditor44 HB User
    LPR question

Hi all - about 4 months ago I was diagnosed with LPR. Doc placed me on PPI's and within a few weeks things got a bit better (I'd had recurrent sore throats, globus and referred ear pain on one side). Although it got better, I don't ever really feel like it completely went away. Several weeks ago I got the stomach flu, threw up a few times, and ever since then its progressivle got worse. I have recurring sore throat, globus sensation on one side (left side), feeling of food getting stuck when eating, voice changes (very minor), and just the other day felt like I couldn't breath (I think this was more panic than anything else). I've been back on PPI's for about 3 weeks and nothing is working. Some days are better, others are worse. Ate too late last night and woke this morning nearly choking on acid reflux.

Questions: does the globus sensation on one side of my throat and ear pain sound consistent with LPR? This is the biggest thing freaking me out. Its been on the same side and the same place the entire time. And does anyone have a reccomendation on a PPI that works better than others?

Thanks all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
    rich911
    (male)

rich911 HB Userrich911 HB User
    Re: LPR question

from someone who has had lpr for years now, i have had many issues with my LPR, ive taken just about every med there is over the years all work the same, but it does take time to work. but the thing i never got was anything do with my ears,the globus sensation -yes have had that feeling alot,feeling of something stuck in my throat etc..voice changing from the acid reflux,chest pains,throat-nose-mouth burns. dizzyness and heart flutters and on and on and on. . it takes time to figure things that work and foods that help,ive been at this for 7 years now.

Closed Thread

Tags
    acid reflux hoarseness, gerd, heartburn, lpr