It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Taking Prilosec for 2 years but then...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
    Ctrain03
    (male)

Ctrain03 HB User
    Taking Prilosec for 2 years but then...

Hey I just wanted to give hope to those suffering from chronic heartburn and acid reflux. Mine was bad. I was taking Prilosec daily for 2 years and I didn't want to take a pill my whole life. I even had a scope but down my throat. It was the day after my wife had c section and I had to be alert so I had that procedure done while I was completely awake. Crazy experience.

Anyways, I no longer take Prilosec and don't have reflux problems and I attribute it to two things. 1) Jesus. I was at a conference and the speaker said he has a word that somebody with stomach issues needs healing. I stood up for that. 2) gluten. The next day I had a though: maybe I should stop eating gluten. So I stopped eating gluten for about a week. Then I stopped taking my Prilosec. I had no problems. Then I decided to test by eating a bagel. Oh man did I ever have the worst heartburn and reflux. So problem solved. Now I'm at the point where I can eat gluten every once in a while. But if I have it a lot then reflux will be a problem again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    acid reflux, prilosec